Question Wanted: reliable php-mysql high traffic hosting

I'm loking for a new reliable (most important thing) hosting provider for my vbulletin forum/site. Database should not exceed 1GB, overall space min 10GB needed/monthly transfer min 500GB. About 500 users are online at the same time.

Any help is appreciated,
    thanks.

You should be looking for a dedicated server, not shared hosting.

Yeah for that size of a site you need dedicated otherwise you'll be jumping host to host constantly.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

You might want to consider sharing a server with someone rather than getting your own server. Your site could probably be put on a VPS server.

Quote Originally Posted by websoltech
    You might want to consider sharing a server with someone rather than getting your own server. Your site could probably be put on a VPS server.
    I don't know about that - especially given the (heavy?) usage of MySQL?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I'd agree with something bigger then a VPS. things like forums don't cache too well especially if you have 500 people online constantly (as new posts will invalidate the cache) ... you will therefore be stressing the CPU/Memory/HDD with queries.

Even though most of the PHP scripts will be able to be cached as will the SQL queries themselves, the SQL results and dynamic pages will not.

What is your budget though?
    "So what? It's a first offense! Talk about Draconian."
    "I can't. I don't know what it means."