Auracle Support Engine (ASE)

Has anyone used this support system before? I came across it on Hotscripts.com and it seems to have quite a high writeup.

I had a look around the website, and it seems very nice and functional. But has anyone used it or heard anything about it?

It seems quite reasonable at $8 a month for the commerical leased license, and there is even a free version if it.

Input welcome...

Thumbs up

We've been using Auracle Support Engine since September 2005 and like it very much. We run a licensed version of ASE instead of the free version. It has many features that we find very useful. Their support has been great any time we've needed them (mostly due to errors on our part). They are also very open to feature request / suggestions and implement viable request as quickly as possible while still maintaining the integrity of the program. You can't go wrong with ASE, from system features to pricing, it has been just what we were looking for.
    Fast, Reliable Hosting Rocket City Hosting

I think they are the real alternative to Kayako right now.

We also use it here, since about november of last year, relatively new customers but we love it. Support is amazing, longest time for a response was about 2 hours....it's phenomenal...more features than you can shake a stick and and none of the other options (kayako, cerebeus) can touch the price....yeah like rocketcity said, you can't go wrong....
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

I've tried Kayako, Auracle and WHMCS. I rank them (1st being the best):
    1. WHMCS
    2. Kayako
    3. Auracle

But people have different needs and requirements...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Hi Stealth,

This isn't the first time you've interjected in an Auracle thread. I'm checking our records though, and have nothing with regards to stealth, innohosting, etc.. Had you tried Auracle in the form of a lease? I'd be curious to know precisely how long ago you tried it, and why you would rank it third in that list? Auracle has FAR more features than WHMCS, and will match Kayako toe to toe and then some. Your ordering in light of this, is very interesting.

I am in agreement that needs are individual, but we'll take any chance for improvement that avails. Looking forward to any feedback you can offer; quite appreciated.

Cheers.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Saeven
    Hi Stealth,

This isn't the first time you've interjected in an Auracle thread. I'm checking our records though, and have nothing with regards to stealth, innohosting, etc.. Had you tried Auracle in the form of a lease? I'd be curious to know precisely how long ago you tried it, and why you would rank it third in that list? Auracle has FAR more features than WHMCS, and will match Kayako toe to toe and then some. Your ordering in light of this, is very interesting.

I am in agreement that needs are individual, but we'll take any chance for improvement that avails. Looking forward to any feedback you can offer; quite appreciated.

Cheers.
    Alex
    Hi Alex,

I tried Auracle over a year ago and yes I did lease it for two months. I was switching from Kayako to Auracle and I felt Auracle wasn't for me. If I was happy with it, then obviously I would still be using it now.

Like I said before, everybody has different needs and requirements. For my needs and requirements, Auracle didn't come close to sufficing. Kayako did, and WHMCS certainly does.

As for your statement of Auracle having more features than WHMCS.. Firstly WHMCS has a billing solution built in, Auracle doesn't. So I guess WHMCS has more features..... In addition, I think it is more important to execute major features properly and implement useful features, rather than just a lot of little features..

But either way, I've seen others happy, maybe it worked for them. It was simply not a product I wish to use. You have questioned me multiple times on this issue.. Why do you find it so difficult to just accept this wasn't the right product for me?
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I'll just step in to hopefully cool things down, don't want this to turn into a flam war....

But either way, I've seen others happy, maybe it worked for them. It was simply not a product I wish to use. You have questioned me multiple times on this issue.. Why do you find it so difficult to just accept this wasn't the right product for me?
    I think Saeven is just trying to defend his product, understandable i would want to do the same. I don't think he is trying to badger your or put you at fault for anything, he is just trying to protect his product from being "looked down" upon by the majority. Kinda make sense? I dunno i might have totally misunderstood that....but yeah....
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

If you want to spend your time navigating the complex configuration it might be ok. There are support desks apps out there that are better supported and much more user friendly
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Stealth:
    I really didn't mean to 'defend' the system at any other's expense, and had no intention to upset you (I tried to disclaim that with an agreement that needs are individual). If I've previously asked the same question, please do accept my apologies! I like to collect feedback for improvement's sake - and am always most grateful for any that can be offered. I can appreciate, as you write, that WHMCS is equally a billing mechanism; my comment about features was solely about the 'helpdesk' aspect of things - which is Auracle's focus. I'll desist, and appreciate any feedback you could offer at any point.

SShocker:
    I won't deny that the depth of configuration is extensive, however, it 'works' out of the box with the configuration of 10 small settings. It's simply a matter of configuring the aspects that you want, at a pace and rhythm that are acceptable to you.

Cordially.
    Alex
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

I might be going to purchase it, but I don't find any type of complex at user end, its so easy and friendly. Maybe its more complex from admin side as I didn't try it yet (waiting to activate my trial license).
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting

Where did you find the $8 pm price? I only saw an option to outright purchase it.
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za

the only issue i've ever had with it is its requirements which caught me out, however in their defence they do provide a little script which checks your server for compliance in advance. Looks nice though.

As to whmcs, i'm not sure it really ought to be in comparison, i use it, but i wouldn't compare it as its only a basic support system really.

I agree completely. WHMCS is a good client manager with a desk added on. It works fine, but it's not a substitute for a full desk. Also agree about the requirements for Auracle. I don't believe I want to have a bleeding edge system just to run a helpdesk, so I never even went past the requirements page when I was looking. If not for that I would have trialed, and likely bought.
    Last edited by bear; 02-04-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

your always far more cohearant than me bear

I've been looking into ASE as well to have. The only problem is that I don't want to have it hosted off-site and I use PHP4. :/ Other than that, the features look astonishing.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

i'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't want to upgrade just for a support system

Where did you find the $8 pm price? I only saw an option to outright purchase it.
    The price is located on their "Lease Option" page. Have a look here: http://auraclesupport.com/buy.php?step=lease
    Fast, Reliable Hosting Rocket City Hosting

I don't believe I want to have a bleeding edge system just to run a helpdesk, so I never even went past the requirements page when I was looking.
    I can understand that. It was a design decision that we made to opt for PHP5 which possesses important intrinsic devices (interfaces for example, and the new context stream system+PDO). I wouldn't exactly qualify PHP 5.1 as bleeding edge though, though more recent, 5.x has been our for awhile.. The big reqs are PHP 5.1 and MySQL 4.1 (necessary for subquery support); which shouldn't be too difficult to meet. One shouldn't discard the overall efficiency gained by shifting from the 4.4 tree to 5.1-5.2 either; the new object model definitely shows a strong speed increase (check last or month before last's php|architect for good benchmarks) that all customers would certainly appreciate. It's those legacy programs that are always the anchor I suppose, wish developers would unlazy and just get to work on PHP4/PHP5 compliance (very easy).

I do blame PHP for their continued maintenance of an obsolete Zend I engine (4.x), whilst publishing the Zend II engine (5.x), all of which has led to a divide in acceptance.

Everything writ, I do understand, and can appreciate that feedback.

Cheers.
    Alex

I used Auracle for a little while. I liked certain aspects of Auracle, like the cost (It's far less expensive then more other systems) and Auracle has some very unique features. However, intuitively, it could use quite some improvement. The documentation was somewhat out of date (last time I checked anyway) and a lot of the items that had to be filled in I ended up having to check the PDF manual over and over again to understand what they are for.

I would reccomend the following advice for Auracle's future updates:

1. Maybe implement some sort of (?) system where, if I don't know what to put in a field, I can just click on a little question mark next to the field and get an explanation as to the point of that field.

2. I think the overall interface of the Java program needs kind of a cosmetic face lift. Features should be separated and explained more. Stuff like Users and Category manager shouldn't be in the same window, it should be separated.

3. Permissions! It would be nice to have the ability to designate what an admin can work with and what they can't. So if I have someone designated just to write knowledgebase or troubleshooting articles, they shouldn't have access to the live support system or ticket list. Kayako's eSupport doesn't have this feature either, but it would be nice to see it in Auracle.

~Garrett

Thanks for the feedback Garrett.

I think the overall interface of the Java program needs kind of a cosmetic face lift. Features should be separated and explained more. Stuff like Users and Category manager shouldn't be in the same window, it should be separated.
    These are together for a reason, such that they are very intertwined.. It's necessary to assign category-based permissions on a user-scope level. Selecting the user up top, and modifying his categories below was just deemed the easiest way to do things (this was by popular demand in fact); I can respect that a decision can't please everyone.

Maybe implement some sort of (?) system where, if I don't know what to put in a field, I can just click on a little question mark next to the field and get an explanation as to the point of that field.
    I think in the end we'll work to implement a type of 'F1 for help' system, right now, they are documented in the KB, one just needs to search for them. A mechanism to make the search automatic might be well-received

Permissions! It would be nice to have the ability to designate what an admin can work with and what they can't. So if I have someone designated just to write knowledgebase or troubleshooting articles, they shouldn't have access to the live support system or ticket list. Kayako's eSupport doesn't have this feature either, but it would be nice to see it in Auracle.
    Right now this is defined by the administrative 'level' of a user (limited/admin/superadmin) where these classes globally define the feature set available to a user. Your suggestion to make them individual is interesting however, and likely is something we could easily complete. I'll see what can be done here...

Cheers.
    Alex
    Last edited by Saeven; 02-05-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: removed sig