Help me choose a dedicated

Hello Guys,

I am currently on a vps with power vps and they have been great but I think it is now time for a dedicated server. My stats below are for my VPS:
    Centos 4
    Equal share CPU
    1GB Burst RAM
    256MB RAM guaranteed
    10GB Disk Space
    150GB Monthly Transfer
    2 IP numbers
    Power Panel
    cPanel/WHM (latest edition)
    Fantastico De-Luxe
    Clientexec
    Your own name servers
    Unlimited domains

Now the problem with this is that apache keeps crashing due the new memory mangement tool they just installed so it does not seem to be getting any more then 256.

I would prefer a company in canada however US does seem to have the best prices and reviews. I do not know much about server hardware but I would like a company that has excellent support like powervps and something that will hold my sites for a while.

Thanks for any sugggestions.

Hello, what's your budget?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Managed or Unmanaged? Check the ads section or use the search function. Good Luck!

Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

budget maximum $200 less if possible. I do not really know what the difference is between managed and unmanaged.

I assume you're familiar with unix distros (eg. CentOS) if you are using a VPS with cpanel/whm on it? If so, then you should be okay with an unmanaged server.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

If you want to use your server for hosting websites only and no services that attracts a lot of ddos attacks, I strongly suggest you to go to fdcservers. They have very good prices on unmetered servers. You can expect to use from 15-28mbps on each server and their prices are very low. There are a lot of resellers from them you can even find here in the offer forums.

The only warning I give you is that they do not provide ddos mitigation. That's their only flaw from my point of view. Their support is great, free os reloads, free control panels, etc.

Regards,
    Eugenio Pacheco
    CBras.com - pacheco@cbras.com
    http://www.cbras.com - Hosting, Reseller, IRC Shells, VPS, Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by datarecall
    Hello Guys,

I am currently on a vps with power vps and they have been great but I think it is now time for a dedicated server. My stats below are for my VPS:
    Centos 4
    Equal share CPU
    1GB Burst RAM
    256MB RAM guaranteed
    10GB Disk Space
    150GB Monthly Transfer
    2 IP numbers
    Power Panel
    cPanel/WHM (latest edition)
    Fantastico De-Luxe
    Clientexec
    Your own name servers
    Unlimited domains

Now the problem with this is that apache keeps crashing due the new memory mangement tool they just installed so it does not seem to be getting any more then 256.

I would prefer a company in canada however US does seem to have the best prices and reviews. I do not know much about server hardware but I would like a company that has excellent support like powervps and something that will hold my sites for a while.

Thanks for any sugggestions.
    You should try a core2duo machine from gigenet. With Cpanel, you're looking at under $200/mo. That should definitely be more reliable than a VPS. They provide basic management with that as well, so if you need help working on your server you don't have to pay extra for it.

For $200,you should get a Dedicated server,may be help

narrowing it down

So after about 12 hrs of looking for a server I am stuck deciding between theplanet and aplus and layeredtech. I do not know much about these companies and it seems people complain about both, I do realize that people are more likely to complain then complement a service.

Layeredtech seems to have the best price.

Any suggestions would help.
    Last edited by datarecall; 01-24-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Hi,

For unmanaged, Layeredtech is an excellent choice.

Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Aplus are spammers (the company themselves spam to promote their own services) and they have a very bad reputation on these forums. You'd definitely be better off with either of the other two you mentioned.

Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.