Thread: Designing..

Designing..

Hey all!

I am creating an application in PHP/MySQL for a friends business.

I HATE doing any design work becuase I'm horiable at it.

I can't ever get anything looking like I want.

Is there a free program I can use to draw out what I want and it will create the HTML for me?

Thanks for any info!

Carp

Photoshop will do that... You can even edit in DreamWeaver... There's also some people will will slice and code a template that you design.

what you mean by design work. You are bad in producing graphical work or you are just looking for html editor. You can use frontpage as html editor. I recommend you buy templates from templatemonistor.com. they have pretty neat templates for almost all kind of web sites.

This is real simple HTML.

When you get to the site (it will all be on a local computer, not web accessible[not that it matters]), it will need a login form (but I want it to look nice). Then once logged in, you can click on a left menu which will have.... Clients, Employees, Create Invoice, Create Estimate, Reports, but when you click Employees and Clients, it should drop down to View, and Add.

Then I will need to create an HTML form that looks like an invoice and estimate and then convert to PDF to download and view.

Thanks WHT.

Give dreamweaver a go (http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/), it works wonders. You can download the 30 day free trial.

What you want doesnt really exist.
    You can draw your stuff out in photoshop, slice it, and save for web, that will create u an .html file + images folder.

But then you would still have to code it, make it actually work etc etc...

Get photoshop & dreamweaver, and start doing some tutorials is my suggestion

Might be better to hire a Designer/Front-end Developer for a few days to get things done with a professional look. But that's my job, so I would say that...

Quote Originally Posted by Carp
    Hey all!

I am creating an application in PHP/MySQL for a friends business.

I HATE doing any design work becuase I'm horiable at it.

I can't ever get anything looking like I want.

Is there a free program I can use to draw out what I want and it will create the HTML for me?

Thanks for any info!

Carp
    Perhaps FrontPage 2003 would fit for the basic design and layout. Then use test editor like NotePad to custom fit your needs.

My own page is a combination of FrontPage and NotePad. It's fast, easy to learn and you can move items just as you wish.

The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

ulead photoimpact is my choice for professional designing tool..
    ///--One Way, Three Way and Reciprocal linkings -////
    Boost your backlinks today! http://www.rankready.com
    Fully automate your linking process with a natural way.

dreamweaver for "designing" - {text-editor} for the real code.

Use ImageReady to slice into HTML. you can make a grid how to slice and it will have it sliced for you