Question about DreamHost domains?

Hey

So I am very new at the website thing, and was wondering how to redicrect your domain to take you to a certain aspect of your webpage.

For example, I got dreamhost hosting, along with the domain: daikonmaster.com

But, when I go to daikonmaster.com, it takes me to the root directory thing, and I have to hit forums to get to it. I would like to make it so that when I go to daikonmaster.com it will take me directly to the forums, or maybe to anotherpage with an intro on it.

Thanks for the help!

daikonmaster

Upload a index file with redirection setup
    http://php.about.com/od/learnphp/ht/phpredirection.htm

...you can also do a simple HTML page with a META-REFRESH tag, set to 0 seconds.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

just do a simple meta-fresh tag like waht they said. stick it into the index.html

Thank you all for the responses, as they were exactly what I needed!

But, now I need some other help.

For some reason, on my main page, the HTML i entered into index.php will only run for FireFox users....

Clicking the image will only redirect you if you are using Firefox, whereas if you are using IE, it will NOT redirect you.

help please?

yes, as ldcdc has said, 301 perm redirect is the way to go. you don't want to be penalized by search engines.

Could you post a link to your page or website code?
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.