need host recommendation for basic forum/sql

Hello! I currently host my forum on Netfirms - and have had so many problems with their service as it pertains to my forum (the servers frequently time-out/give errors, especially with the MYSQL) -->I've been getting the run-around for 2 years, and I want to switch hosts. My forum users are dissatisfied and I feel i've been wasting my money for the past few years.

Can anyone recommend a good web-host that offers up to date & RELIABLE mySQL databases in a hosting package? I don't need a huge amount of diskspace (I'm at about 877mb) as of now

Cool

I think you may find that HostNine is about as quick on support and technically proficient as anyone in the business.

Their server setup is top notch, and the DC staff does not get any better at all.

What kind of bandwith and space are you using?
    Northwest Missouri Hosting "Cheap Reliable Hosting."
    WHM/Cpanel
    Reseller Accounts Now Available!!

I think you would find that Precision Effect could handle your web hosting needs and requirements. They offer plenty of moving space and their Precision Pro package would be greatly suitable in the upcoming future, should you ever need to grow

Take a look at them here. They house a great staff that will be very helpful whenever assistance is needed. Check them out, give them a look, i'm sure you won't be disappointed if you choose them.
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

What is your budget?

What is your budget? Bandwidth requirements?

How many concurrent mysql connections do your forums use? Most shared web hosting companies limit their concurrent connections to 20-25.

Quote Originally Posted by ngcutiepie
    My forum users are dissatisfied and I feel i've been wasting my money for the past few years.
    Sorry, but you should've moved your servers earlier, if your forum is at risk, I'm a member of some forums, and if the downolad speed is too low, I get irritated and and it doesn't stimulate me to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Web

I think you may find that HostNine is about as quick on support and technically proficient as anyone in the business.

Their server setup is top notch, and the DC staff does not get any better at all.
    I second hostnine and you can talk to them 24/7 via live chat, email, help desk, or phone support. They also put clients on new dell poweredge servers. :-)
    Let us know who you choose.