hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Affiliates script

Forum Jump

Affiliates script

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Affiliates script

I'm not really sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, or not.

However, I'm looking for an affiliates script. I want to give users like $5 for every referral made that signs up. Anyone know of a script that can do this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

I need something like this also. www-hosting.net seems to have a good one. Maybe Gary can shed some light on this.

Old
Web Hosting Master

check out the ultimate affiliate at groundbreak.com it seems to work well with my system.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Hey guys!

I'm actually writing one right now using php and mysql!!! I will release it for free to anyone who wants it when it is done, so let me know what features you want.

The following is done: The script will set a cookie in the visitor's browser for 30 days and forward the user to your home page. Then you can include a php file at the end of your order script which will check the browser to see if there is a cookie, and record the referral for the appropriate affiliate.

Currently working on: Affiliate interface will allow affiliate to log in and view the date and time of each referral that they generated, along with the total number of visitors sent (number of times they're link was clicked). They will be able to view their outstanding balance (what is currently owed to them). They will be able to view payments that have been sent, and the date they were sent.

The affiliate owner (ie... you! ) will be able to view summary statistics for all affiliates. You will (hopefully) be able to view each domain that was referred by each client. You will be able to enter checks that have been sent to affiliates.

I am hoping to make this THE affiliate script that everyone uses, so would appreciate any input that you may have into the project!

ETA: approx. 2 weeks

Note: This script will NOT be commercial, and I am hoping to ultimately release it as open source software.

Old
WHT Addict

cool

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Hello, did you release the script?
We could use one as well.

Old
Junior Guru

I would suggest you take a look at PHP-Affiliate

Its a basic script but can be used as a base paltform to develop it into a very powerful program.

I adapted this script to be used with osCommerce and while basic it did the job.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Well, there was not much interest in the script, and we started using modernbill which has affiliate stuff builtin, so we decided not to create the script. Sorry!

Old

Sorry

Sorry but wene I click on the signup link for PHP-Affiliate and had 4 pop-up advertisements unrelated jump up. Well, I just left. Don't think that would be the kind of company I would do business with.....

But just my opinion

CyberSorcerer

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber-Dock
Sorry but wene I click on the signup link for PHP-Affiliate and had 4 pop-up advertisements unrelated jump up. Well, I just left. Don't think that would be the kind of company I would do business with.....

But just my opinion

CyberSorcerer
HeeHee...I had the same happen to me today while doing a website review on Webmasterforum. The Organic? php Affiliate site threw popups at me that fast that even when I was typing up my review the exit popups were still streaming in.

When will some guys learn?

It's probably a good product but popups still =

Put the Big Koala on your team

Old
Head Tinkerer

I have a copy of PHP Affiliate v1.0 on me...

If anyone needs a copy, seeing as the official site isnt letting anyone download it, PM me and i will email it to you.

I've used it on my site and it does the trick. I had to do a few mods to it to tailor it to my tastes, but it works.

DM

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi Everyone,

I'm the author of PHP Affiliate (one of the first PHP based affiliate scripts).

I apologise for the pop-up ads (they annoy me aswell), they were simple banners at first although the ad network got greedy. The current banners will be removed sometime this week hopefully.

PHP Affiliate pro should be released shortly, it will be licensed software (around $15) and will be alot more advanced.

I'll keep you posted on the release date, and remember to upgrade to version 1.2 of PHP Affiliate until then (free security updates).

Thanks,

Rob

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

By the way, PHP Affiliate is also included in the DSM control panel that sponsors this forum.

Would have been nice to of been told about it first though
I only found out though google!!!

Old
Head Tinkerer

ukwebhost,

can you give me a link to upgrade to 1.2 please.

I have tried becoming a member at your site before and it didnt ever confirm my membership.

Thanks

DM

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi DangerMouse,

Try signing up using a different email address, some mail servers reject the emails sent out by the PHP Script. There are thousands of registered users already, so the emails deffinitley go out OK.

Thanks,

Rob

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Service Providers Push Updates to Fight OpenSSL Heartbleed Bug Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:31:27
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - December 6, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:37
Setting Up A Successful Affiliate Program Blog 2013-12-05 14:23:29
OpenStack and the AWS API Debate Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:29
Media Temple Revamps Affiliate Program with Increased Commissions Web Hosting News 2013-02-07 09:00:22