Need a recommened VPS hosting company.

I'm with a company right now. I won't name them.
    I'm literally in tears with them.

They're a good company and support is really good.
    But... I've had one too many failures and have ongoing rpoblems that they deny is to do with them.

I've lost customers.
    I need to go to a new company to keep my current customers left.

1. I want need to transfer my current hsoting AS IS: no changes or any more work! I've got Cpanel... so I assume this would be a doddle?

2. A non template hosting company. What do I mean? I want a hosting company that has their own company website that ISN'T a friggin template. For me, this is a tell tale sign of cowboys.

Problem: nearly ALL of the companies out there have such websites. Surely there must be some good guys out there?

I've had alook at the following page:

http://www.hyperspin.com/ranking.php?type=2
    (My current damn company are in the top 10 of this list... maybe all their other customers are OK: but me... I'm really suffering with them.)

Companies I'm considering:

www.knownhost.com
    Ranks as number 2 in the above link.
    My favourties choice.
    haven't been able to find a bad comment about them.
    Problem: they're a new company. I spoke to them online, they said they're less than a year old.

http://steadfast.net
    More expensive than most... but I've read one or two posts where people have recommneded them.

www.amkh.com
    I can't find any reviews of this company.
    But what I like about them is the fact that they explicitly say that there will be no more than 4 customers per physical servers (this depends on the packae you're looking at).

www.solidhost.com
    Too 'templatey' for my liking.
    but... they allegedly are from uk/netherlands.
    important for me as i'm from uk.

I'd really appreciate any comments on the above companies.
    And... any other recommended hosting companies would be really helpful

Thanks.

OM

Hmmm... I'm not sure about those hosts you listed, but after seeing so many positive reviews of FutureHosting.biz on WHT, I decided to order.

I am satisfied to date and have no downtime at all.
    Two sites I hosted is: http://f88.info [proxy] and http://ffu.in [file upload]
    Feel free to test the server load/speed on their VPS services.

Good luck with finding a good host.

What are your bandwidth and disk space requirements, as well as the amount you're looking to spend? I think knowing that would help others make some solid recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by OM2OM2
    www.solidhost.com
    Too 'templatey' for my liking.
    but... they allegedly are from uk/netherlands.
    important for me as i'm from uk.
    Our website looks templatey? Hm, well I am open to criticism, but you are the first one to say that

When we developed this new website, making the website not look like a template was one of the main things we tried to do. Can I just ask you what you think that makes it look like a template? I'm really asking that for the sake of getting feedback, since it's not a template (I can prove that since our designer and developers have been taking screenshots while it was being made).

The only reason I can think of that it may look like a template is because templates typically look good, I hope that's the reason here hehe

Again, if you would like me to prove that our website is no template, I'd be glad to do so (not in this thread though).

I have a VPS with hostmaven.com And love it. No problems at all. And support is great.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    Our website looks templatey? Hm, well I am open to criticism, but you are the first one to say that

When we developed this new website, making the website not look like a template was one of the main things we tried to do. Can I just ask you what you think that makes it look like a template? I'm really asking that for the sake of getting feedback, since it's not a template (I can prove that since our designer and developers have been taking screenshots while it was being made).

The only reason I can think of that it may look like a template is because templates typically look good, I hope that's the reason here hehe

Again, if you would like me to prove that our website is no template, I'd be glad to do so (not in this thread though).
    Maybe he thought the data center picture was just a stock? (which maybe it is, I don't know)

http://www.solidhost.com/content/images/main_image.jpg
    --

There are three VPS hosts that I recommend for the top performance;

www.myriadnetwork.com
    www.knownhost.net
    www.clustered.net

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Maybe he thought the data center picture was just a stock? (which maybe it is, I don't know)

http://www.solidhost.com/content/images/main_image.jpg
    Yeah that could be. It is indeed a stock image, since it's not allowed to take pictures in our facility. We chose that picture since it looks very similar to our facility, since we use the same racks, almost identical ceiling and raised floors, and in our suite the rows are also categorized A to Z.

But just because that image is stock photography doesn't mean the rest of the site is a template

I would look into Virpus Network at www.virpus.com They have been pretty much rock solid for me.. I have no complaints!
    DefSolutions
    Got Solution?

my requirements are: i need to be up all the time!
    yes: i'm willing to live with the fact that occassionally eery now and then there will be downtimes.
    but with my current hosting company: i've had one twoo many downtimes.
    funnily enough... they're still one of the top 10 ranked hosting companies.
    i've got to move: my customers have demaned.

what i need:

1. vps.
    2. 20GB - 30GB space.
    3. bandwidth 250 - 300GB.

what am i willing to pay?
    well... the average cost for the above spec is $35 - $45.
    i am more than happy to pay well in excess of this amount (well within reason).

i need: a *reliable* company that isn't supporting 200,000 customers with 10 staf.

does that make it clearer?

solidhost: comments on your website, see below:

- navigation, the colours used look very 'templatey'.
    - the rest of the website: OK. i clicked through several pages, and you are OK.
    - bad point: the use of stock images. one thing i don't like is a picture of a stock photo support girl! maybe it's just me! but there's a few girls who are supporting 10,000 websites out there! all of their pictures appear on the support pages.
    - good point: though i said templatey: your website is much much better than most others.

all of the above comments are mine only! so don't take any offence if not happy with some comments.

i'd definitely like to consider your company. can i send you a pm and discuss from there? let me know.

http://modvps.com/vps-hosting.html

Very very good prices for those current specs, fully managed.
    Very fast setup time
    And it's a division of hostingzoom.

Got my VPS accounts emailed to me after 2 hours of payment

what i need:

1. vps.
    2. 20GB - 30GB space.

Hi,

I have been with several hosting companies and datacenters for 10 years now.

Liquidweb is certainly one of the best companies, their VPS are fully managed, support is very professional and they own their 2 datacenters.

I think it's worth spending the additional money to be with a really reliable host.

To make your choice really easy: The Liquidweb $10 off special ist still valid (just asked them).

I have been with Liquidweb for 2 years now and never had any major problem. I only called them once and the phone was picked up after 2 or 3 rings.

Tickets (nothing special) are answered within 30 - 60 minutes - and the problem is solved - no silly back questions...

what i need:

1. vps.
    2. 20GB - 30GB space.

i need: a *reliable* company that isn't supporting 200,000 customers with 10 staf.
    i would try,
    SLHost.com
    Futurehosting.biz
    Solarvps.com

Good luck
    Mike

Thanks for listing us as a possible option. With our VPS packages, we break the server into 2 or 4 individual VPS's, and you get a full Quarter or Half of the server listed.

I just wanted to confirm that we do only put a mximum of 4 VPS's on a server.

Good luck!

Chad King
    AMK Hosting LLC
    AMK Hosting - Built for big ideas.
    CabSpace - hosting and forums

Thumbs up

How can u missed out SLHost.com?