Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

problems at Leaseweb

i have been using Leaseweb for about 4 - 5 months now, no probs at all with there services, great network speeds/uptime, but, however the Customer Support is about as good as a dead fish, my server got took down for some basic upgrades, now it has been 2 days since it took it down as they either, dont reply to support tickets/emails or just fob you off with some excuise about " my work mate is dealing with it", and to top it off, i had to pay them 60EURo for them to do the work in the first place. it also takes they days, to reply to even the most basic requests. Now i am a customer to them as i have customers my self, now i am loosing money AND customers by them taking so long to whitch they dont seem to care or even reply to the emails sent to their admin@ email address.... anyway.. rant over..

Our server has also gone down and we are also loosing customers and my boss has gone nuts at me and if its not sorted soon i loose my job for recommending them!

i've texted the person i deal with who got us the server from leaseweb and his team have contacted support @ leaseweb.

WE NEED THE SERVER UP ASAP
    http://www.gocre8.co.uk - Liverpool Web Design
    http://www.outallnite.co.uk - Liverpool Clubbing

Their live support is online right now. Perhaps you can give that a try.

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

whats the address for their live support?

thats sales only

If my server was down for 2 days, I wouldn't care who I was talking to. Perhaps you can find out something.

I alerted them to this thread via live chat and they told me "Do not believe everything you read"

i've got over 500 users who will tell you its been down for 48 hours.......
    and about 10 business's trying to email us.

oh and PSM's server monitor would tell me if i didnt stupidly set my email address to recive notifcation on the same server!

ITS DOWN 100%

I am not questioning you. Just passing on what they said.

after posting this, i got my server back up within 3 hours.

leaseweb crew are good guys but after reading this I can be misjudged them

but dont you guys have a contract with SLA uptimes and SLA hardware ?
    that the stuff must be online in like 3 hours 6 hours or at least a spare server to put the hdd to
    so next time when they do stuff you are not offline that long
    because when 500 clients are offline that is not fine t=

they service they give is great like i said before, its just the support that is slow

Don't care about they service if they don't guarantee they uptime network !!!
    In this businee is unacceptable to let a server down more then 12 hours because the switch panel broke down on weekend !!!

If you run important sites and you have customers don't choose them , because they would let you down on the next weekend!

yeah its very sad that a company does such a thing .. i hope they had informed u before it happened
    ///--One Way, Three Way and Reciprocal linkings -////
    Boost your backlinks today! http://www.rankready.com
    Fully automate your linking process with a natural way.

I try to reach them on phone but no one answer on weekend, next day they replace the broken switch and they told me what was wrong.
    So I close the business with them in no time !
    I paid 152 Euro, for 3 day's . They refused to refund the money !
    So thing twice before choose them!

It's a shame, but I bet there will be another thread just like this within a week. People tend to only search after a problem has happened, not before they order.

That is the sad part of my stories, You right people must search this forum to find the best solution, and I searched too , but this problemes come out after I ordered in December 2006.

you have to give leaseweb credit where it is due, i mean, there network has great uptime/speeds and is very stable, but for support and whatnet, they're dutch, what more can i say? *puff puff pass*

Quote Originally Posted by f|ux
    you have to give leaseweb credit where it is due, i mean, there network has great uptime/speeds and is very stable, but for support and whatnet, they're dutch, what more can i say? *puff puff pass*
    Hey hey, dont be generalizing here.
    Leaseweb is at the bottom of budget hosters in NL. Certainly not representative for the complete Dutch hosting market.

Well, this is not the first time people had problem with leaseweb where the topic was I-asked-for-support-and-they-chared-me-$$$ I-asked-them-how-*blah*-and-they-charged-me.

I have also seen threads where they will help you but will also charge you without your knowledge, like $15 per email I believe.

I am basing this on the threads at WHT, never used LeaseWeb, never will, hehe.

Their network and hardware seems to be top notch, when it comes to support is when you get screwed. What makes it worse is the fact that they charged customers without their knowledge. Professional companies ask for the clients approval first before charging, even if its a obvious charge (like ram upgrade or something).
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Thus, after all that been said, would you still recommend leaseweb?

Yea sure, if you are like me and don't need any technical support from hosts.

But still there is the issue of hardware failure. Though LeaseWeb's hardware is good according to their clients, they are still prone to failure. They seem to charge to replace the hardware they've provided as it seems, unlike other hosts who replace it for free of charge since you are paying a monthly fee.

But I would never go with lease web for MISSION CRITICAL stuff. If you are one of those businesses who say you lose $$$ every day/hour/minute your server is down, then definitely not.

Leaseweb does not charge for hardware replacements. A friend's server was overheating, emailed them at 2AM, fixed 10AM. Then they suffered random reboots due to a broken mainbaord, and it was replaced for free in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios
    Leaseweb does not charge for hardware replacements. A friend's server was overheating, emailed them at 2AM, fixed 10AM. Then they suffered random reboots due to a broken mainbaord, and it was replaced for free in a couple of hours.
    Hmmm....well may be they charge for the "work" they have to do to replace the hardware.

I'm sure their ex-clients will just be making statements like those, and not one by quite a few, you can search I guess.

I am a costumer with LeaseWeb, I can say that the speeds are decent and fast as always.

Once my server hardware got damaged i dunno what happened to it, They fixed it for free but they did take a long time, The idea was that was there problem the hardware was with them not in my house with them, So it's there responsibility what ever happends to it.

However LeaseWeb has the worst Support i ever seen, I once talked to a Live sales team to order another server, I dunno what the person's name was, He told me "You Suck", I didn't like that statement from then i didn't order another server from leaseweb sinch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast