Thread: Nocster crap...

Nocster crap...

Nocster started out to seem like a great service, like burst had really turned their company around...

But after today, I kind of doubt it, when we first ordered the server a few days ago, it had some issues before we got it, so it was delayed comming to us, thats all well and fine..

Then yesterday's network issue, ok down for maybe 15 min... But a few hours after this our server is rebooted, not power shut off reboot but shutdown rebooted... I didn't receive a broadcast that the server was going down...

Its been up and down most of this morning, and now is completely offline...

There is no support number, no one is on AIM, and my past 3 emails haven't been responded too... Hell I've even tried calling the 877-Burst-NET number, but no one is picking up the support extension..

I know you really don't get much for $99/month but still I expect the server to stay online....

To those looking at them, look a little more carefully...

I'm at the nocster and haven't had any downtime except the 1 minute last night. I was fore warned about this though. Must be a problem with your server or the switch you're on.

Yesterday, ther was a network outage, I checked 3 servers, and they were all offline, including the nocster site...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Weird. Sorry about double post. The site went down and i clicked twice.

<<MOD NOTE: Taken care of...>>

Well as far as nocster the only thing I can think of is the switch/router you are on is busted. My server been up fine.
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-29-2002 at 04:11 PM.

Its not a network problem..

The server itself is down.. and has been rebooting..

You can see it from the uptime stats....

And its not really whats wrong with it.. its the fact that they aren't responding..
    -Mat Sumpter
    Penton Media

[email protected] [~]# uptime
    3:55pm up 2 min, 1 user, load average: 0.30, 0.22, 0.09
    [email protected] [~]#

Well look what just decided to come back online....
    -Mat Sumpter
    Penton Media

Maybe there is a hardware problem. Contact Matt ASAP

BurstCSM is off of AIM.. and I currently have two support tickets open...

If two of them doesn't get someone's attention they need to hire smarter monkeys...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Penton Media

Jun 26 14:26:03 rum sshd(pam_unix)[1003]: authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser= rhost=fe-0-0-nat.scr1.hostnoc.net user=root

Someone is trying to login...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Penton Media

What does 'dmesg' show?
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Normal startup logs.. No errors.. Already checked..
    -Mat Sumpter
    Penton Media

I have been an avid complainer about Nocster since I signed up with them. However, I had a long talk with Matt tonight and was able to resolve most of my issues.

Honestly their support ticket system bites! I would recommend you call support directly or IM Matt. If you don't have his IM, PM me and I will give it to you. He is a good guy and will work it out.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

they are burst.net
    and u know burstnet is the worst host in the world
    I had several servers at them ( burst.net)
    support is very bad ( they will replay after 3-7 days when u open a ticket )

Matt ( BurstCSM ) is cheatman .
    and they formated 2 servers of our servers when they know we will leave them .
    lose me more than 10,000$

and I think nocster have to same burstnet .
    because same datacenter and same support and staff.

<< kmh465 >>

Client issued a cancelation form, after we refused to negotiate "ridiculously" low pricing that he wanted, so we cancelled his account as was ordered/requested, and formatted the machines.

The guy wanted BurstNET bandwidth, at NOCSTER prices, and we refused to give it to him, so he got pissed off and left...end of story.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

Sean R.
    u r cheat man
    and u cheat me and told me u have great support , but I get the worst support .
    and anyboday can know ho is u and your company ,
    only do search about burst.net
    u will get the 95% bodies had a problem with you and your company
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...user&userid=41

I deals with more than 6 host companies
    burst.net was the worst .
    because that I will tell all bodies dont deal with this company .

"and they formated 2 servers of our servers when they know we will leave them ."

Well if you're leaving them why wouldn't they format? And also why would you lose 10,000 if you are leaving them?

Also you're not denying what Sean said, so I'm assuming nocster is bad because they said they have great support but you experience otherwise?

I wouldn't call that cheating ;p. Most company wouldn't degrade themselves saying we have the worst support.
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

Yes they cheat all their customers out of money.

I guess if you consider paying your monthly fees being cheated.

guess it's time for a reply out of me

Well, I guess I should address this one. Normally, I let customers rant about things, except when making disparaging remarks and blatent outright lies / deceipt. I had the pleasure of dealing with this gentlemen, kmh465 , while he e-mailed billing on late payments that he refused to pay for service, and was leaving, so owing a balance, yes, he was suspended. I was then graced with a F - You, and F-BurstNET, and if you don't turn me back on now, I will post all over WHT. Rants and threats do not sit well with me. Although it's my job to deal with clients, and I take extra steps to ensure thoughtfulness, and work until the wee hours of the morn helping clients, I refuse to be treated like that. Client ultimately after informing us on 10 different occassions, that he would be leaving, sends in a cancellation form, indicated to cancel at that point. We did as such, and with ANY hosting company, when a client cancels, we format drives. This ensures data is not given to the next person who assumes that server. Nobody would want someone peering at their data after they cancel service. We also, out of graciousness, and realizing the client made a mistake in not placing a cancellation date to the order (which I e-mailed them the copy of this form) we also refunded the clients entire monthly billing fees. So not only did we not make a mistake, but we gave the client back money in good faith. He was also credited for an SLA violation of a full month's worth of service for the prior month.
    Now, as to Prohacker, I know we resolved this Saturday, but for those uninformed, the server reported down in our monitoring services, an admin went out to work on it, and did not inform the client of this. That was wrong on our part, and has been informed to the admins on staff to let the customer know what is going on when working on their server. It was a kernel problem, leaving a black screen, and the admin had to boot off of a rescue disk, and build a new kernel. The machine has been up and stable since that time, and I received confirmation of this today from the admins of the server (theirs, not ours).
    3 more admins are being added to the weekend support as of this upcoming weekend. We were training them over the last 2 weeks, so weekend support, along with the rest will continue to improve. That's it outta me for this one. Back to helping customers.

Re: guess it's time for a reply out of me

Originally posted by BurstCSM
    Well, I guess I should address this one. Normally, I let customers rant about things, except when making disparaging remarks and blatent outright lies / deceipt. I had the pleasure of dealing with this gentlemen, kmh465 , while he e-mailed billing on late payments that he refused to pay for service, and was leaving, so owing a balance, yes, he was suspended. I was then graced with a F - You, and F-BurstNET, and if you don't turn me back on now, I will post all over WHT. Rants and threats do not sit well with me. Although it's my job to deal with clients, and I take extra steps to ensure thoughtfulness, and work until the wee hours of the morn helping clients, I refuse to be treated like that. Client ultimately after informing us on 10 different occassions, that he would be leaving, sends in a cancellation form, indicated to cancel at that point. We did as such, and with ANY hosting company, when a client cancels, we format drives. This ensures data is not given to the next person who assumes that server. Nobody would want someone peering at their data after they cancel service. We also, out of graciousness, and realizing the client made a mistake in not placing a cancellation date to the order (which I e-mailed them the copy of this form) we also refunded the clients entire monthly billing fees. So not only did we not make a mistake, but we gave the client back money in good faith. He was also credited for an SLA violation of a full month's worth of service for the prior month.
    well put! sounds like it was handled properly on nocster's part & the guy was just purely unprofessional! thanks for the whole story!

Now, as to Prohacker, I know we resolved this Saturday, but for those uninformed, the server reported down in our monitoring services, an admin went out to work on it, and did not inform the client of this. That was wrong on our part, and has been informed to the admins on staff to let the customer know what is going on when working on their server. It was a kernel problem, leaving a black screen, and the admin had to boot off of a rescue disk, and build a new kernel. The machine has been up and stable since that time, and I received confirmation of this today from the admins of the server (theirs, not ours).
    it is always nice to be informed of what is going on with a serious matter like this. hopefully this will help create awareness and it will be a standard in the future! i know i would always appreciate being kept abreast of the status of a ticket/issue.

3 more admins are being added to the weekend support as of this upcoming weekend. We were training them over the last 2 weeks, so weekend support, along with the rest will continue to improve. That's it outta me for this one. Back to helping customers.
    support is the key to our loyalty ... according to this post, it appears that strides are being made with respect to the support aspect. the more techs the better

keep up the good work!
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !

Re: guess it's time for a reply out of me

Originally posted by BurstCSM
    Dealing with Matthew on a new server I got set up last week I can honestly say he does go out of his way to help, and he's almost always on after business hours too.

It is good to hear, though, that more weekend admins are going to be put on (hopefully they will work for both Burst and Nocster)... one minor support ticket of mine was pretty much ignored over the weekend, good to hear that this will hopefully not be the case in the future.

Keep up the good work!