* Good shared web host for a high traffic proxy

Hello all

I am lookign around for a good shared web host for an active proxy, the proxy is currently on my server and its causing me troubles, i need a shared web hosting with at least 300GB bandwidth per month.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I would say a dedicated server would be more your speed just MO
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Dedicated or VPS is the only way to go with proxy's.

Also look at optimizing it and preventing hotlinking if you haven't already. Hotlinking of images can eat your bandwidth like crazy. I've seen PHPProxy's using 50mbit as soon as people found it and started linking images with it.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB
    Dedicated or VPS is the only way to go with proxy's.

Also look at optimizing it and preventing hotlinking if you haven't already. Hotlinking of images can eat your bandwidth like crazy. I've seen PHPProxy's using 50mbit as soon as people found it and started linking images with it.
    I guess thats what I am going with my proxy, it got around 20K uniques but its using huge bandwidth and server resources, I would appreciate any links to information about optimizing phproxy.

Thanks

Well there isn't much for optimization but 20k unique I imagine you're having images and other files hotlinked. I made a custom change to phpproxy for someone that started generating unique queries per ip + computer. It stopped the hotlinking dead and made their proxy profitable.

It was pretty simple to just making the q= part actually some unique string hash per ip + comp. So it became 2isdk= for one user next it's jsk29= ect. ect.
    I can't really go much more indepth than that. I also believe someone posted another solution on WHT for preventing hotlinking in PHPproxy.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Before signing up with a provider, ask them if they are ok with proxy sites. There are some large shared hosts, that offer lots of bandwith but don't like proxy sites (not just because of intensive cpu usage).
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!