Question An upset ex Gearhost customer?

Today I got an unexpected email warning me about Gearhost (who I am currently hosted and happy with)... it reads:-

"If the Ryan Kekos of Gearhost is one and the same as Microclear.net you should be very careful. Microclear disappeared in the middle of the night, but only after billing all their client's cards for a year. Never give them your credit card info."

I remember seeing the warnings about Ryan's history here at WHT a few months ago now, but I chose to stay with Gearhost and don't regret my decision.

I just wondered if this is a passing visitor advising me of Ryan's history (which I was aware of) or if it was a general mailing targetted at existing Gearhost customers. Personally I'm not convinced that it is a passing visitor as it is only mentioned once on the site who my host is (although there is the chance it could be)... I just wondered if any other Gearhost customers have got the same mailing at all?
    Web Site Owner - http://websiteowner.info/

I'm not saying that he would do something bad, but he already has your credit card number. If he was to do something bad he could, even if you cancelled. Just saying

Re: An upset ex Gearhost customer?

Originally posted by Tiggy
    ...I just wondered if any other Gearhost customers have got the same mailing at all?
    I received the same e-mail message and yes, I am with GearHost. I replied, probably a little hastily but will keep the message nonetheless. By the way, I too am very happy with GearHost thus far.
    Mark Blair

Mlip129, every business has the potential to "go bad", regardless of their previous history... you pay your money and take your chances...

Thanks for the reply Mark, I suspected that I wouldn't be the only one, and I refrained from replying for this very reason. I couldn't find any information from the guy who sent it (so it doesn't appear to be from a competitor)...
    Web Site Owner - http://websiteowner.info/

I heared it was the same person, but was 3 years ago I heared. (1999)
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

Originally posted by Tiggy
    ...I couldn't find any information from the guy who sent it (so it doesn't appear to be from a competitor)...
    No, to me it appeared to be from a former customer that was unhappy. Every company has unhappy customers. But the basis of the message had to do with Microclear and not GearHost. At least that's the way I understood it.
    Mark Blair