Smile Need Windows host

Hi!

i am looking for...

About 1Gb or more disk space
    Bandwidth: more than 50Gb or more
    Windows Host
    ASP.NET 1.1 / 2 support
    MS SQL 2005 min 100 mb

Plesk Control panel preferebly, anything else will also do..

Price expected: as per marketg standards, lowest prefferred

Please suggest! Thanks in advance

Hi, QuESTie! I recommend you to visit Offers Section here and also look thru cheap windows hosting review center with windows hosts listings. When you choose, make research on this host here at WHT.

i would take anything below 20$ for start

Shouldn't be hard to find really. 100MB of SQL included you'll probably get too. Check the hosting offers forum here I'm sure you'll find it.

Plesk is an awesome control panel choice btw, very popular. Might want to look at windows VPS's too if the budget will allow it. Many use Virtuozzo and Plesk
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by appliedi
    Shouldn't be hard to find really. 100MB of SQL included you'll probably get too. Check the hosting offers forum here I'm sure you'll find it.

Plesk is an awesome control panel choice btw, very popular. Might want to look at windows VPS's too if the budget will allow it. Many use Virtuozzo and Plesk
    Windows VPS might be a bit expensive due to license price. I would go with a shared host that does not oversell
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRack
    Windows VPS might be a bit expensive due to license price. I would go with a shared host that does not oversell
    But VPS gives more possibilities in terms of features.

any guesses on zone.net

You could look at lunarpages.com and godaddy.com

I suggest you to check www.brinkster.com
    Lou,
    24HostingNOW
    www.24hostingnow
    Low cost web hosting & reseller plans

24Hostingnow said "I suggest you to check brinkster.com"

The only problem is Brinkster.com you need the professional package, the basic package has no asp.dot support. And databses have a maximum 100 MB storage.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRack
    No that's not the case at all actually. If you're licensed through the spla you can actually license it such that you're not having to pay $20 per VPS. Contact the microsoft spla guys or read the latest SPUR for more details on how you would do this. Again the microsoft guys can provide all of this but I know for a fact you can do it.

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by appliedi
    Contact the microsoft spla guys or read the latest SPUR for more details on how you would do this. Again the microsoft guys can provide all of this but I know for a fact you can do it.

Jess
    You don't need to do either to know how. The DC Version of Windows 2003 Server now allows licensing for free of all Windows VPS installed on top.

In other words if you use the base cost version of Windows 2003 DC Edition you don't pay the licensing fees per VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    You don't need to do either to know how. The DC Version of Windows 2003 Server now allows licensing for free of all Windows VPS installed on top.

In other words if you use the base cost version of Windows 2003 DC Edition you don't pay the licensing fees per VPS.
    Just don't forget to pay for those extra authenticated users and terminal services users.

2 TS Users for Administration are covered "PER LICENSE".

I actually went through all of this at a partner briefing two days ago.

Essentially the only extra fees in a "Hosting" environment would be the VPS software.

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    2 TS Users for Administration are covered "PER LICENSE".

I actually went through all of this at a partner briefing two days ago.

Essentially the only extra fees in a "Hosting" environment would be the VPS software.
    We're way off topic and I apologize I took us there. Larry, I actually did the same and appearantly we got different information or interpreted it differently. Yes 2 TS users are available per license but you'll have X VPSs and potentially more than 2 users authenticated and Terminal serviced in. Those users above 2 would need to be licensed.

I'm going to go double check my information again just to be safe but I believe you're looking at $8 per extra authenticated user and you will have users authenticating.

Jess

Computer: A machine that can make the wrong decision faster that you!