Bad experience with 2wdhost.com

I had hosted with 2wdhost from Feb 2005 (or earlier) till yesterday. Quality of service in 2005 was simple excellent. Your queries were answered within a few hours.

With passage of time, support got worse and I finally had it with them last week. All my email accounts were bouncing for over 3 days and they did not even bother to give me an explanation or an eta.

It seems like 2wdh is a one man show who is no longer able to handle it. If you are looking for serious hosting, I recommend dreamhost.

Sorry to read about your poor experience with them. What is your URL?

Quote Originally Posted by luke24
    It seems like 2wdh is a one man show who is no longer able to handle it. If you are looking for serious hosting, I recommend dreamhost.
    Have you already switched on to dreamhost ? If so, how long have you been with dreamhost ?
    No more browsing WHT as a guest user

Well it surely sucks that your experience with 2wdhost went from excellent to bad, although I don't think you'll see much of an improvement by going with DreamHost, heh.
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by iThinkHost
    Have you already switched on to dreamhost ? If so, how long have you been with dreamhost ?
    Yep. I started with them in Jan 2007. Quite a few friends recommended them.

Sorry to hear about your experience with previous host, but dreamhost is just good enough to do hosting in dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz_
    Well it surely sucks that your experience with 2wdhost went from excellent to bad, although I don't think you'll see much of an improvement by going with DreamHost, heh.
    Why? Did you have a bad experience with them?

luke24 what domain name did you have with 2wdhost? As any domains are to include a domain. If you'd rather not provide it publicly you may use the report post feature to notify our moderation team of it privately as to provide further validation to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by jschurawlow
    luke24 what domain name did you have with 2wdhost? As any domains are to include a domain. If you'd rather not provide it publicly you may use the report post feature to notify our moderation team of it privately as to provide further validation to your review.
    Verified.

Thanks,
    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Hi.

1. luke24, there were support system issues which have been successfully resolved shortly after the time of your post here. But there are many different ways to contact us in case of the urgent situation (or if you have received no reply to your request in time):
    - HelpDesk
    - our Public Forum
    - our public Backup Forum in case you cannot access primary forum for some reason
    - Instant Messenger (Skype, AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ)
    - PM in any third-party forum where you can find 2WDHost (including WHT of course )

We recommend our customers to contact us using any of the above methods if our response to the initial request was not received within:
    1 hour: for the Urgent priority tickets
    6 hours: for the Normal priority tickets
    24 hours: for the Low priority tickets

Of course that is just a recommendation and customers can send copy of their initial requests simply when they believe it's necessary.

2. This thread is rather old but we would highly appreciate if you PM the domain name that was hosted with us. So it will be possible to investigate why you did not receive a reply for few days and take the appropriate measures against such situations if needed.

3. luke24, thanks for this topic. We really appreciate the constructive negative reviews as that helps us to analyse the reasons and improve the service.
    2WDH.com .:. Professional Hosting since 2003