Exclamation ******.com - keeps sending lots of mail - SPAM?

Hello.

Some months ago I bought some templates from templatemonster, and got an offer on several free hosting accounts with ****** hosting.

I signup for one account, and was happy with that. It was a "saving" of $120/year. My plan wa to use this as a backup place.

But then they started to send me lots of mail. Several mails per week, telling me that I had more offers I could use.

Mails like this:

Dear Kenneth,

Since you recently purchased from TemplateMonster, you have been awarded a
    free year of Web hosting* from ******.com, a value of over $95! This is an
    amazing offer that is open for a short period.

Take advantage of this promotion today by clicking the following link:

https://order.******.com/newOrder/reseller_app3.php?m=

All of your information will be pre-filled for you, so redeeming your new
    ****** account will be easy. Hurry, this is exclusive to TemplateMonster
    customers and won't last long.

Thank you,
    Shawnna Schott
    Sales Manager
    ******.com

*for the first year only
    After some months I sent them a mail telling them to stop sending all this mails And they stopped under a month. I did never get any reply on that mail.

So they started to send me new mails. This time to my second mail address. And the last two months I have got 11 mails from them, telling me the same thing, that I have more offers I can use.

Yesterday I sent them a mail telling them to delete my hosting account, and all records of me. Here are a copy of that mail. I tried to be polite, but I'm not very happy with them just now:

Hello.

Thats the second time I have to send you mails to stop all this SPAM from you. I want you to delete my web hosting account. I do not want to be a customer with a company who send out SPAM. You have sent 11 mails the last few months, with the same offers. You will find my account information under, and the mail I sent you 28.11.2006 asking you to stop sending all this mails.

So please delete all my hosting accounts, mail addresses, and all records you have of me. I DO NOT WANT ONE MAIL EXCEPT A MAIL TELLING ME THAT ALL OF MY ACCOUNT DETAILS ARE DELETED. And I want a guarantee that you will NEVER send me any mails again, EVER!!!!!!!!

Med vennlig hilsen / Sincerely

Kenneth Myhre

web: http://portal.myhken.com
    If they don't stop, what can I do? Do I have any rights at all? Can a company send so many mails, and don't reply on mails telling them to stop?

At least, I have found out that ****** will never get me as a paying/ or not paying customer.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

have they removed you from their records or not yet?
    Try calling them, try to speak with someone and i am sure they will remove you from their list.
    Lou,
    24HostingNOW
    www.24hostingnow
    Low cost web hosting & reseller plans

Well you had used their free offers so they will try to make the most of that offer by repeatedly emailing you.

You just need to make sure they have removed your contact options from their mailing lists.
    No more browsing WHT as a guest user

Quote Originally Posted by 24Hostingnow
    have they removed you from their records or not yet?
    Try calling them, try to speak with someone and i am sure they will remove you from their list.
    Like last time, they don't reply on my mails. I have got a ticket number, but still no reply. And no, they have not removed my account yet.

I'm not so good in english that I want to call them and speak with them on the phone. I will wait a day or two, before I send them a new mail.

iThinkHost: I know that I have used one of their free offers, but why do I need several accounts with them? Because I have bougt several templates on several times, I get several offers. But still, I don't need more then one account.

Maybe I have to check my setting at templatemonster to see if I can stop ****** getting my e-mail address from them. But I think they use what they have on file.
    Also using

There are a lot of places that have a check box before you hit submit "you agree to receive special offers from our partners" (or words to that effect). Before you hit a submit button, check that there is no such box, and if there is, uncheck it

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13175531

Seem they answer BBB complaints...

I guess you can't call... I would simply put them in my "ban" list on my email filter...

Or you might try to contact these people directly:

Lou Rio Director of Customer Service Email: lrio*AT$*******.com
    Victor Collazo C S Supervisor Email: vcollazo*AT$*******.com

Of course replace.... *AT$* with .@....
    Last edited by hekwu; 01-23-2007 at 06:40 AM.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Thats a good advice to take with me. I normally don't check any such box, but the first time I ordred from templatemonster I wanted the hosting account from ******, beacuse I had never tested them out before. But I did not know that they had plans to spam my inbox with more offers. Now I know, so next time somebody are offering me free hosting, I will not take it. Or use a mail address I never check or something. I have to create a junkmail@mydomain.com address to use for such offers.

edit:
    hekwu: Mabe I will send them a mail if I do not get any reply from ******. Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by myhken; 01-23-2007 at 06:40 AM.
    Also using

unfortunately alot of hosts send out emails offering their services. i know when i registered a domain name with godaddy i received about 3 or 4 emails a week from them...

Quote Originally Posted by clemie
    unfortunately alot of hosts send out emails offering their services. i know when i registered a domain name with godaddy i received about 3 or 4 emails a week from them...
    Bet with them you have a option in the CP to turn off all such mails. ****** do not have an option to do that in their CP.

If you want to turn off the mails, here are the way to do it:

Login to My account
    Go to my account page
    Look down on the page and you will find:

Customer Info & More

Account Settings (go here)

Email Preference Information (go here)

and to your right you have all the e-mail/offers they send, and you can turn them off.

edit: Still no reply from ******. I sent one mail thru their ticket system to Legal, with a copy of the mail to sales.
    Last edited by myhken; 01-23-2007 at 05:01 PM.