Where do the successful moderate-sized companies go?

Anybody know of a resource where I can find out what large companies (e.g. Google, EBay) do about web hosting (i.e. I imagine they have their own servers?), or where moderate-sized profitable companies (e.g. those referenced in popular business magazines, or 'Fortune 1000' companies) go to get their web hosting needs met?

Info welcomed! Thanks!

you can start by doing a lookup, and seeing if there are clues, such as IP location and owner, nameservers, registrar, .....

a traceroute might tell you things, too.

L.A. C.A.
    Companies the size of ebay and google will generally own there own datacenters/office buildings from which the servers are housed in and lines are leased too.

I know for a fact MySpace does this as there Los Angeles location is near where I live.

Ontario, Canada
    Many such as YouTube have servers in custom racks at Peer1 or google at Abovenet - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Some of the big companies are hosted with RackSpace.

I would think most have dedicated server clusters they use either on their own inhouse network with a rediculous internet pipe, or they use rackspace.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Alot of these companies also use content distribution services. But seems many colocate within various datacenters around the country/globe. I know at the NAP of the Americas in Miami we're neighbors with many of these companies, including Verisign, Google, MSN, Yahoo, AT&T, etc. If you watch the Press Releases you'll see releases from time to time that XYZ is colocating in ABC datacenter. Maybe check and their press release archive.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I would think they do it all themselves. They have the money to hire the professionals to handle everything in-house.
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions