Thread: Hosting Problem

Hosting Problem

Hey WHT! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but me and my friend plan on selling hosting and also hosting a CS Server. Budget is really a problem right now. I don't think that we need a Xeon Server like what he said, I think hes crazy . Anyways will one dedi do for now? and know any good dedi providers? Thanks.

Well, You can't (shouldn't) host a cs server and have "normal" hosting (i.e. of sites)

www.layeredtech.com is good, but Think carefully about the overall cost.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

what do you mean can't? or shouldn't? leaks?

If you are planning on hosting and having a CS service on one server it is a very bad idea. All your resources are going to be used by the CS server.

Plus if people are downloading files from your clients websites it will slow down your CS server.

It is a bad combination period.

Either stick with hosting or CS servers only.

Cheers!

GS

what if i had two servers? What would be two good servers for entry level? Thanks.

For website hosting, if you are just starting out i suggest getting a reseller account or a vps, for CS depending on the amount of people.

I would suggest any p4 server. I dont have much experience in game servers but thats usually what people have.

Cheers!

GS

Softlayer has been great to HostFrog. However, they do not offer "starter" servers but they do have great pricing on AMD and Intel product
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Alright thanks for the quick responses, although resellers don't seem to good to "resell" the things since like hostfrog is 5GB of space and what if I want to sell 5GB of space for like 5$/month?

Well you could if you were on a dedicated server you could offer reseller plans.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>