pingdom - cool banner!

Anyone seen that banner for pingdom? I have to admit I like it. Purrrty cool!!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Martie
    Anyone seen that banner for pingdom?
    Nope.

Hope someone links to it soon.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I haven't seen it either.

Oh yeah it is looking at me now. I decided to move the arrow

But I can't get a link. It is the yellow one over there >>>

Its a good banner - im trying a trial account out just because of the banner and cool site colours. Refreshing to see a site NOT in the classic blue colours!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Ya I had to click on it. Does there software do more than one server for that price or do you have to pay more for more than one site or server>

I emailed them asking this quesiton but have not got a reply yet.

Thanks for the thumbs up on our banner design. We wanted to try some banner 2.0 design, where you have to interact with it and not just click it straight on.

I do not dare to link it or show it somehow due to forum advertising rules, but it's in the right part of the page in skyscraper format.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingdom
    Thanks for the thumbs up on our banner design. We wanted to try some banner 2.0 design, where you have to interact with it and not just click it straight on.

I do not dare to link it or show it somehow due to forum advertising rules, but it's in the right part of the page in skyscraper format.

Just incase someone doesn't see it: http://juggler.inetinteractive.com/b...ngdom.com/wht/

It is a very nice banner, normally when I see something like 'drag here' I think it will just open in a new window but I was pleasantly surprised. And the offering looks pretty interesting and affordable

Wow, that's very nice..good job!

Good idea, I wonder though if it will have a negative effect to click on it to scroll down because I don't think I would even have looked or noticed what it was about if it wasn't for this thread simply because I thought it would be those silly ones that you click and it opens a new window, however it is a great idea if it works.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

Wow, nice banner! I've been swamped and not around WHT too much for the past 2 days, so I didn't notice it. Maybe you can start a trend with other companies doing the same thing (less flashing ads, more "interaction").

Alex

Thanks again for the kind words.

Our intention with the banner was to create a reaction and interest for Pingdom. We think this kind of banner works well for building brand knowledge. If you on the other hand are only interested in creating clicks/sales, this approach doesn't work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    Good idea, I wonder though if it will have a negative effect to click on it to scroll down because I don't think I would even have looked or noticed what it was about if it wasn't for this thread simply because I thought it would be those silly ones that you click and it opens a new window, however it is a great idea if it works.
    Like Scott.Mc says there is a risk with this kind of banner that you misunderstand it and don't dare to click on it because you think you will be redirected to a new page.

Two different ways to solve this could be:

1. Change the mouse cursor when the user can drag the content. If you look at our banner above (link in The Prohacker's post) we actually had plans to do this, but didn't finish it. The cursor can be seen outside the banner area.

2. No need to click. Scroll the banner when you position the mouse cursor in the bottom or top area of the banner.

We've also replaced this original banner now with one that doesn't have the drag function.

I think people were intersted to click on banner, to reveal what was behind it.

The thing is (problem i think) everybody including me tried to "click" (and not click and drag) on banner and couldnt see anything happening. A simple Tool Tip when mouse is over (saying" Click and DRAG") would have worked much better.

No click is better idea too.. But i will go with original one.
    -= Manish Gori =-
    Gif banner designer
    Flash Banner Designer