Question windows server license

hi!

please explain me what licenses
    i have to buy/rent to run a windows hosting server?

If you are renting a server, the provider will usually tack on windows for an additional cost per month.

If you want to go about getting it yourself, take a look at Microsoft's SPLA programme.
    It's Scott!

i wanted to sign the SPLA contract, in last minute a microsoft representative said me that I need a SPLA contract only for providing a services for axapta & navision.

they wrote:

What kind of MBS do you want to host, Navision or Axapta? If you do not want to host it, you do not need this agreement.

and:

If you do not use any functionality of the server like file, print or share or the active directory, you can use the "unauthenticated" Windows Server licence.

What does it mean, I can't understand.

Does anyone know of a SPLA provider ?

Quote Originally Posted by nasal tuft
    Does anyone know of a SPLA provider ?
    Goto Microsoft Directly, I have my own account manager...

I dont think Microsoft Licensing venders can sell SPLA's as Microsoft are keen to have direct relationships with hosters directly to find out trends and what we actually want/do.

You'll be "suprised" to hear they dont actually understand the Hosting industry very well... or as well as they think they do.
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.