HostingSimply Gone???

This morning I discovered my websites are all down and my hosting company, Hosting Simplys website is a shambles and there 800 number is no good. I AM FREAKED! Does anyone have current info on hosting simply.com?
    RA Moats

HostingSimply loads for me fine, but it has all the images broken:
    http://hostingsimply.com/index.php

Perhaps they are switching servers? Lost some data? My guess is we'll know know in a few hours.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Are you talking about http://hostingsimply.com

I know they had an account here under DediZoneSales but that’s been disabled from WHT.

Have you done a whois on their domain to see if they have another telephone number?
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

I wouldn't nessecarily say that their "gone" since they due in fact still have their website up. However, I understand where your coming from.

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to find much. The information in their whoIS is most likely not even their information, since its not under their name (HostingSimply). I was able to find their P.O box information and e-mail address (which isin't much help to you):
    P.O Box-
    PO BOX 6045, Ft Myers Beach
    Orlando FL 33931

E-Mail Address-
    Support@hostingsimply.com

Take a look at this review which I found. Sound's like to me HostingSimply isin't that great of a provider. Keep in mind that they may just be experiencing an outage. Check your e-mail for some sort of notification they may have sent out about any down-time. In any case...

Good luck!

Give it 24 - 48 hours, if they don't come back up then move to a new host.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-23-2007 at 09:15 AM.

As a small time reseller, these are the times I consider getting out of the buisness. I'll give it some time...at least their emails haven't bounced yet and they just billed me on Jan 2nd. I will post an out come on this thread...
    Thanks for all replies....

RAM

It would be intersting to know what happened. Please share us that information.

Yep, broken images for me too.
    Seems some kind of network problem.

If you need to switch hosts, do you have a backup of your data ? It is always recommended to have a backup up of your data as any host may face the data loss problem.
    No more browsing WHT as a guest user

Yes, all of my sites (8 total) are fully backed up on my machine....Hosting Simply has been pretty good for me up to this point....plus the idea of transferring all those domains, etcc.....I'll keep everyone posted....

Well there is an 800 number listed on their site:
    1-800-616-3364
    Their site loads for me, but full of broken images.
    Good Luck

oh, sorry I see you tried their 800 number :-(
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

The 800 number connects to a buisness that has never heard of them...so far my customers haven't complained but if they don't come back soon I'll have to do something. I am hesitant to call the UK...

Well if you are facing that insecurity, I suggest you to search for a good host.

Data backup is with you, I dont think you should face any problem, unless domains are registered with your host and they have control over their ownership!

As of 4pm est, I have had no response of any kind from Hosting Simply nor sre my sites back up. Are there any Hosting Simply customers out there wishing to join this thread??

Well, it is 8pm EST and I'm calling no joy for Hosting Simply. It's dead as a door nail.........I'm going to bed and see what happens tomorrow...Strange that other customers didn't weigh in on this outage...unless I'm the last customer they had........

Maybe you can get to them via this HHO forum member, who appears to be their representative and has been online there a bit over a week ago: http://hosthideout.com/member.php?u=5784

Thanks for that info, I'm trying inquiries over there. As of 8 am EST there is still no changes.......I think they are gone and I'm high and dry......

There is one little bitty sign of life, in that there web site is loading with images now.........but that's it.....

I see now, upon closer inspection, that they have removed the bogus 800 number from there site, so they are still there....they just aren't concerned with their clients......still no contact from them nor are my sites up....11 AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by ramoats
    I see now, upon closer inspection, that they have removed the bogus 800 number from there site, so they are still there....they just aren't concerned with their clients......still no contact from them nor are my sites up....11 AM EST
    Your patience is adorable! Good Luck!

I had a webpage with them too and is disappeared about 3 weeks ago.

5 e-mails and no response. No one is ever available in live chat and the phone number is gone.

I don't even know how to transfer my domain name to another service.

(my web pages are backed up locally though)

Yes, all of my sites (8 total) are fully backed up on my machine....
    Ah, now doesn't that feel good? That make's ME feel good!

No matter how this works out - you're gonna be just fine.

Kindly,
    rick@slicie.com - Vertical Scaling Servers
    30 Minute Backups - Only pay for what you use

Quote Originally Posted by Rob A
    I had a webpage with them too and is disappeared about 3 weeks ago.

5 e-mails and no response. No one is ever available in live chat and the phone number is gone.

I don't even know how to transfer my domain name to another service.

(my web pages are backed up locally though)
    I ended up going with ASMALLORANGE.Com.....they were great....got me back up and running in 48hrs.....I highly recomend them....Good Luck...

Glad to hear you were able to get back online. Was there ever any word on what happened earlier with the previous company?
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

Quote Originally Posted by budman714
    Glad to hear you were able to get back online. Was there ever any word on what happened earlier with the previous company?
    Not a phone call, email, web forum response, trouble ticket response.....nothing.

They (Hostingsimply) redid the website to remove the 800 number and that was it.....abandonment.....as usual....

Not a phone call, email, web forum response, trouble ticket response.....nothing.

Too bad really but glad you are settled in now with a new provider!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999