Hybrid View

* apf firewall filter more than 1?

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to filter more than one NIC with APF firewall... at the moment, it only let you filter Eth0, how do I add Eth1 in it as well?

Please help and thank you in advance...

You can edit the /etc/apf/conf.apf and add eth1 in there, then reload apf by running apf -r

Quote Originally Posted by FirmbIT
    You can edit the /etc/apf/conf.apf and add eth1 in there, then reload apf by running apf -r
    That is not what he is asking. This will only make the rules work on eth1. He need to filter more than one interface. I think it is not possible with apf.
    Apf allows only one interface to filter and more than one interfaces to be set as trusted where no rules will be valid.

The suggestion I made was to change from eth0 to eth1. I understand what he wanted to do but this is the closest he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by ti_nhatrang
    Hi guys,

I would like to know how to filter more than one NIC with APF firewall... at the moment, it only let you filter Eth0, how do I add Eth1 in it as well?

Please help and thank you in advance...
    He was clearly asking for more than one NIC. Not just swapping eth0 and 1. Your reply can mislead him, if he has no much adea about that as you just mentioned to add eth1 in the apf conf and reload the apf.
    That is only confusing. Or you could have mention that it will change filtering interface from eth0 to eth1.
    Right?

yes, I clearly wanting to do eth0 and eth1 at once can anyone help? I guess apf is a no go then...

i guess there is no straight way of doing it. May be you must get in contact directly with the vendors.

http://www.rfxnetworks.com/contact_rfxn.php

And please update the post if you get a solution

There really isn't a straightforward way to do this. If you really need this done, check out CSF which handles things much more efficiently than APF has done in the past.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons