When you sell on ebay

and get a instant paypal money do you send out whatever it is you sold? Or is it a better idea to wait for the money to get into your bank account?

I always wait a few days for the money to clear to my account. It has saved my butt more than once (for some high dollar items too)
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kvnband
    I always wait a few days for the money to clear to my account. It has saved my butt more than once (for some high dollar items too)
    Kevin
    My reason is if you where to send something overnight and they get it can't the buyer re-tract the payment they sent? I don't know how this works though my balance is at $0 even though it takes 3 -4 days for the money to get to my account.

Can't paypal reach into your account to get monies that you owe them? So if someone did do a "chargeback" paypal could still get into your account to refund them.

I don't understand what is saved by waiting until the money is into your account if you are paid instantly... now paid by check is another matter....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Paypal is linked to a savings account - which never has more than 100 in it (the minimum required at this very small bank)
    As soon as cash is in there, it is transferred to my regular account. Several times, I've sold a laptop, and had the funds taken back because of a hacked ebay account..this way gives me 2 or 3 days for the account owner to realize their account was hacked before I ship the computer out.

But you should only ship to "confirmed" addresses... I've never had an issue when shipped to the confirmed address... have you? Not an attack, just wondering....

I've never had an issue period. I never even pay attention to the confirmed address - I just wait a few days and it always sorts itself out in that time.
    (/me gets to thinking maybe I should start looking at confirmed addresses
    Kevin

I was wondering... I ship to confirm addresses same day.... have done for the past three or four years.... never an issue. On some of the high price items I might get "signature confirmation" and tracking, but other than that I ship same day.

Paypal/ebay have sent me some of my best customers.... never an issue. Never had an issue with /paypal/ebay (the company). Won't say I'll never have an issue, but we'll see....

[quote=hekwu]Can't paypal reach into your account to get monies that you owe them? So if someone did do a "chargeback" paypal could still get into your account to refund them.
    [quote]

I wonder the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUNut
    Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    Can't paypal reach into your account to get monies that you owe them? So if someone did do a "chargeback" paypal could still get into your account to refund them.
    I wonder the same?
    Yes, if your not covered under seller protection.

Always make sure to check your PayPal account on the web to make sure the funds were transferred, too. I've seen a couple of well-crafted fake emails from scammers from "PayPal" telling me that funds were sent, when in actuality the scammer wrote the email.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.