Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Servers?

* Stolen Servers?

What do I do if a colocation/dedicated server company refuses to send me back my servers? Well, more like avoiding than refusing... but its been about 5 months or so and I would like to get my servers back.
    :|

What kind of reason did they give you for this?
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

No reason, they company is just avoiding me. Not responding to phone calls, emails or any sort of messages. Company is HudsonDigital LLC

Have you consulted a laywer? That would be my first port of call.
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Not yet, the servers are only $3000 each. I dont want to end up paying that much for a lawyer and just waste time.

Well just for some advice even if costs you $100+,

Have you gone down to the Datacentre, or are you too far away?
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

I can't get in there, no ID card. It's in Nj Equinix. They only let the business owners in. not clients.

ouch! it's so bad!
    I think to sue them is the only way to do! Do you have any contract/agreements with this company?
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

It was a month-month contact for colocation. i dont wanna have to go through witht he hassle to sue them, it takes too long... can i report this to the BBB or something in that nature? i will seek legal aid if necessary, it just seems like a big step.

What I would do is signed a Pre Paid Legal Service, you pay about $30 a month and they can give you some advice plus send a letter to your provider.

That should show the provider that you are serious and take action, if not then the attorneys will give you the options and choose the better one.

My guess is that they will repond to you with the first letter.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Where would I find a prepaid legal service?

I find it odd that they would just "ignore" your requests. What is the last contact you had with them?

About a month ago around Christmas. They shipped me back 4 of my 6 servers. But I havnt heard anything from them after Christmas.

So you requested your servers 5 months ago and last month they shipped you 4 of 6 and now they won't reply to your calls or emails?

I thought HD was a reputable company? Seems kinda odd

I agree with servers4me, find a good lawyer. Even if it will cost you more than the servers in the beginning, you can slap them with a nasty law suite to make up your lawyers bills.

Of course you should only take legal action after you have tried every other means of working with them. Make sure that you are 100% in the right (no bills outstanding, no special ToS clause you forgot to follow, etc) before taking legal action.

Alex

Why don't you just take them to small claims court? All you would have to do is provide the judge with proof of what servers you put in there, and if the company can't prove that they were returned, then they will have to pay damages. You don't need a lawyer to do this. If it fails, then get a lawyer and try again.

I'm pretty sure you would be able to hire a lawyer and sue for the cost of the servers as well as any lost wages and court costs you incurr.

I will be shocked if they don't smarten up and send you your servers in a rush. Nothing about them suggests that they are a fly by night operation. I don't know why they would but I will bet that it all gets worked out now.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Am i the only one that thinks its a bit fishy the OP seems to be very reluctant to give any real information?
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Quote Originally Posted by [inx]Olly
    Am i the only one that thinks its a bit fishy the OP seems to be very reluctant to give any real information?
    i agree, why would a dc steal your servers?? doesnt make any sense at all. the other half of the story would probably reveal something obvious like they haven't paid their bill, or broke their contract/tos/agreement, etc. it makes absolutely no sense at all why they would wanna take your servers

The DC didnt steal my server. The DC is Equinix, Nj and HudsonDigital was the company I went to for colocation. I paid all the bills, and havnt broken any agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by [inx]Olly
    Read his history. This OP isn't one prone to wild accusations. I for one believe him.

He also has a post selling 4 of the servers. My only problem is that everything I have heard about Hudson Digital has been positive so I believe it has to be a mix up.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    So you requested your servers 5 months ago and last month they shipped you 4 of 6 and now they won't reply to your calls or emails?
    They shipped 4 of my servers about 8 months ago, and when i requested the additional 2, they stopped responding.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul
    Read his history. This OP isn't one prone to wild accusations. I for one believe him.

He also has a post selling 4 of the servers. My only problem is that everything I have heard about Hudson Digital has been positive so I believe it has to be a mix up.
    No, its hudsondigital.. been paying via paypal paypal@hudsondigital.net. Met the guy and his myspace is www.myspace.com/otny . He also have a website Olivertriunfo.com and I'm on their billing system. Also if you check. Hudson Digital has not made a post in a year.
    Last edited by Rej3ct; 01-21-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast