Hybrid View

* [For Sale] WiiTag.net

Wii Tagging Site - www.wiitag.net
    Free Wii tagging website with good prospects

* URL: wiitag.net
    * Established: 27 Dec 2006
    * Monthly Revenue: Zero

Description:

For Sale: WiiTag.net (Enom, expires: 26 Dec 07)
    Whats Included: Domain name, website, custom written tag creating script

WiiTag is the first Wii tagging website (well, I never found any others in my searching!) to allow people to create images for Wii users worldwide. The individuals can create their own tag to display their name and number and then link to it from forums, blogs or webpages.

WiiTag.net has been linked from Digg, Reddit, Brokencontroller and the many Wii forums that are springing up across the web day by day.

Some stats:
    December 06: 690 uniques visits from December 28th when the site went live (4 days!!)
    January 07: 728 uniques (upto 21 January 2007)

475 tags are actively in use

Bringing in anything from 20+ uniques per day

Advertising:
    I have promoted the site on many Wii related forums and included banner / link exchanges with a few (in the header of all pages) so hopefully that will help to get the page rank etc moving upwards in the coming weeks (currently stood at PR0, as most of the link in / out pages are also new!)

The site has Google Adsense on, but I wouldn't count that as money in (a mighty $1.14 so far )

Sale Details:

Sale Type: Auction
    Starting Bid: $400
    BIN: $1500
    Increment: $20
    End Date: January 28 @ 1800GMT

Payment: PayPal, Nochex (UK), Bank Transfer (UK buyer only)
    Added Extras: Continued hosting of the site on a DirectAdmin server for 1 month
    *NOTE* This auction will end if a BIN bid is placed or at my discression

The whys and wherefores:
    Why is the site priced so high?
    Look at the stats, over 1400 unique visits in 5 weeks.
    The site has a lot of potential as the Nintendo Wii gains in popularity, especially as the major shops in the Uk are getting new stocks in - with the correct SEO attention (a skill I sadly lack!) I have no doubt that the site will make money for the buyer.

The script (and whole site) is modular and is very easy to edit, nothing is encrypted so you get access to it all!

*NOTE* The script will be owned by the buyer but is not allowed to be resold (unless an arrangement or one off payment is made by the new buyer to me, the seller)

The name is out there and is gaining in popularity - capitalise on it before all the copycat sites start popping up!

Google #1 for terms 'wii tag' (at time of writing)

If Nintendo get their finger out and get online gaming sorted like the Xbox live service, the WiiTag will be able to be expanded to feature stats, latest game played etc - according to rumours on various gaming sites, this may appear sometime in the future.

Right, sales pitch over - any questions please aim them to: sale (at) wiitag.net.

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your time!

Ryan

By the way - offers below the $400 are entertained, if you think the $400 is too high.
    No promise it will go for below that but worth a go

Thanks for the bid - seems to have roused some interest as the question laden emails start coming in!

If this gets someone near what I was asking I will throw in eSyndicat directory software that I bought to put on the site as well.

Bid of $275 via PM at Sitepoint (where original advert was last week)

Highest bid now $400 via PM here at WHT

2 days to go - auction ending on Sunday at 1800GMT!
    Get those bids in

Mods, please close this off.
    Auction has ended as per the terms in the original post and thanks to F5Hosting for a very easy transaction as well as!
    Ry