Hosting Requirments For An Arcade Site?

I was wondering if anyone knew what a typical medium to large (3-5k/day) arcade site would need in terms of hosting requirments. I'm assuming a dedicated would be the only option, but what type of specs would be needed, and what would be most important? Thanks .

By arcade site, are you referring to a site such as www.arcadecabin.com with mild PHP but mostly flash files?

Yes, something similar.

Alot of shared host are able to support what you are asking about. Just try and find one that will not be unreliable, nor over sell alot.
    Northwest Missouri Hosting "Cheap Reliable Hosting."
    WHM/Cpanel
    Reseller Accounts Now Available!!

That's not a problem, it can be hosted almost for any host depending of which script you're using. Which its yours?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    That's not a problem, it can be hosted almost for any host depending of which script you're using. Which its yours?
    PHPArcadeScript.

Im just concerned about bandwidth usage and trying to figure out which solution is best. I need to be prepared to handle ~3-5k uniques/day.

Many host could host this but
    except for bandwidth usages, I would suggest that you think about server resources(CPU/RAM) usages too
    Peter Orga-Sales -sales@sexywing.com
    SexyWing - flying adult hosting service
    Profitable adult hosting provider Since 2006
    http://www.sexywing.com

The user Platinumn23 does run a large arcade site, you may try to contact him for an advise.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Well, with arcade games sites you typically just need to worry about disk space and bandwidth. Basically the Flash Games are downloaded and played on your visitors' website so CPU load is kept to the minimum which is just used for the game listing searches.

If you expect 5000 visitors per day to your site, your bandwidth per month would be 5000 x 30 x the size of your largest game file size.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZ
    I was wondering if anyone knew what a typical medium to large (3-5k/day) arcade site would need in terms of hosting requirments. I'm assuming a dedicated would be the only option, but what type of specs would be needed, and what would be most important? Thanks .
    With your hits (assuming 5,000 uniques per day), I would say a good Shared Host would be fine. It wouldnt hurt to get a Dedicated (I wouldn't get a VPS as I think that you wouldnt be at that level very long if you advertise right -- I started with a VPS and moved to a Dedicated Server within a month of it.)

I am running GameScript and I am receiving ~50,000 uniques per day on a few different sites that I am hosting a Dedicated Server (Dual Xeon 3.4 with HT - 4GB Ram - 2x 250GB HD - 1,000GB BW). The server is overkill for the ~20 arcades I have on it , which averages at about 900GB BW per month (keep in mind, Im getting well over 100,000 unique hits to my arcade sites and usually ~3,500 people on my sites (all of them combined) 24/7)..

If you need help, I'll be willing to give you a few tid bits but 24/7 Uptime is 100% crucial if you are spending money on advertising..