View Poll Results: which one do you use for your hosting company?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • LinkPoint

1 25.00%
  • Infodial

0 0%
  • Echo Inc

0 0%
  • Worldpay

1 25.00%
  • PSIGate

2 50.00%
  • Firepay

0 0%
  • Eway

0 0%
  • Bluepay

0 0%
  • PaySystems

0 0%
  • Payflow Pro

0 0%
  • Innovative Gateway

0 0%
  • Protx

0 0%
  • CCAvenue

0 0%
  • Netbilling

0 0%
  • Chronopay

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

which gateways are you accepting for your hosting company?

I wanted to create a poll here for this posr, but did nit know how to do this?
    any advice how to create poll here?

anyway, I wanted to ask which one of the following gateways are you considering to use for your hosting company and are yoy happy with it or not? paypal and 2co are out of question as anybody is using it. please vote for the followings:

LinkPoint
    Infodial
    Echo Inc
    Worldpay
    PSIGate
    Firepay
    Eway
    Bluepay
    PaySystems
    Payflow Pro
    Innovative Gateway
    Protx
    ZipZap
    CCAvenue
    Netbilling
    Chronopay
    Cardia
    EFTSecure
    Worldpay Inv
    E-Gold
    Last edited by nimasdj; 01-21-2007 at 03:09 AM.

Surprized to find 2checkout is not mentioned in the list !!

Quote Originally Posted by kpicacho
    Surprized to find 2checkout is not mentioned in the list !!
    Please read my post again:

Quote Originally Posted by nimasdj
    paypal and 2co are out of question as anybody is using it.
    There is not need to mention paypal and 2checkout in the list, because they are the most popular on the net obviously! I meant to take a vote for other than these two which are mentioned above.

Ive had some experiance using Protx and its a very good system altho you need a merchant bankaccount to use their service.

Quote Originally Posted by nimasdj
    I wanted to create a poll here for this posr, but did nit know how to do this?
    any advice how to create poll here?

anyway, I wanted to ask which one of the following gateways are you considering to use for your hosting company and are yoy happy with it or not? paypal and 2co are out of question as anybody is using it. please vote for the followings:

LinkPoint
    Infodial
    Echo Inc
    Worldpay
    PSIGate
    Firepay
    Eway
    Bluepay
    PaySystems
    Payflow Pro
    Innovative Gateway
    Protx
    ZipZap
    CCAvenue
    Netbilling
    Chronopay
    Cardia
    EFTSecure
    Worldpay Inv
    E-Gold
    I'm a bit confused about your post, are you refering to accepting payments or allowing your hosted customers to accept payment with?

I'll assume the first, we currently use Authorize.Net with WellsFargo and totally love it.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

LinkPoint/CardServiceInternational.
    Satisfied. Have had no issues.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

We will use 2CheckOut , is one of the most popular

Hello,

we currently use Authorize.Net And love it!

Mike

Authorize.net . Can't complain!

well, I created the poll, but the max option is 15, and I could not add the followings there:

Cardia
    EFTSecure
    Worldpay Inv
    E-Gold

please participate in the poll, if your option is one of the 4 above, please post it.

linkpoint is the best one I can find and unlike authorize.net they dont charge extra for a recurrins billing option and have no setup fees.
    its too bad more merchant accounts dont support it its by far the best gateway I have seen.

Is Paysystems still around any more? I don't think they exist as an option. Still waiting for the money they owe us.

Oh, and we use PSiGate + PayPal.

- Jason

2CO
    e-Gold
    Moneybookers

Adding PayPal in March / April
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

We use PayPal and WorldPay.
    WorldPay is the only option for us. Service is okay and everything is working in the way they should be. but transaction fee will not be refunded even if we refunded. Also, the discount rate and annual fee are high (4.5%)....

We use authorize.net and also accept paypal. Paypal does have a merchant service and they've been pushing us pretty hard to use it, the rates are a bit higher than our current merchant account though.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

2co for us!

I'm very surprised to not see Authorize.net in the list. I won't touch 2checkout, the fees are extremely high when processing over $1,000.00 per month.

Currently we use Authorize.net w/ CDGCommerce and have alternative payment of PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    I'm very surprised to not see Authorize.net in the list. I won't touch 2checkout, the fees are extremely high when processing over $1,000.00 per month.

Is Authorize.net the same general process as 2CO?

All the customer needs is a credit card and Authorize.net handles the processing and web interface right?

You don't have to have a secure website, just a link to Authorize.net's site?

thanks

Not exactly, it is in the sense that they both will allow you to process money on a customers credit card but 2co is a private system more like paypal. It has its own gateway and processes the cards for you, gives you your account information, holds your deposits until a minimum is reached within your account and also has a very high rate.

Authorize.net simply is the the third party that links your order system to your merchant account provider. They are not associated with your merchant provider other than being the intermediary that allows the transaction to happen securely across the web.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday
    Authorize.net simply is the the third party that links your order system to your merchant account provider.
    Do you need to have a secure website to accept recurring payments with Authorize.net?

Or can you just have a link with your order amount (eg. $19.95) which will direct the customer to their site where they do all the work and send you the money?

Thanks.

When you have authorize.net as your gateway you need to get a merchant account also. These are two different things. The gateway (authorize.net) allows secure collection of your customers info from your order forms and then transmits that data to your merchant account provider who will then do the actual processing.

You must have secure orders (SSL) for the merchant company and authorize to accept your transactions. Most of the time when you sign up for your merchant account they will setup your gateway as part of the deal; ie: authorize.net
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday
    The gateway (authorize.net) allows secure collection of your customers info from your order forms and then transmits that data to your merchant account provider who will then do the actual processing.

Do I need to collect my customers credit card number or can I let Authorize.net do that instead?

I think a customer would rather trust authorize.net than a little known hosting company.

Authorize.net doesn't provide any kind of order forms. As long as you have an SSL cert signed by a reputable authority such as geotrust, comodo, etc you'll be fine.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged

With authorize.net you use an actual billing software and interconnect with authorize.net with a real merchant account.

2Checkout 'IS NOT' a real merchant account, which is why there fees are so outrageously high.

I am interested in this as I plan to have only one type of account and only one price and it would be much easier and also make my potential customers feel more secure if I do not have to take their credit card numbers.

(I can see if you have multiple accounts and a lot of options why you would want to build the order yourself on your website.)

They just select the order button and it is dealt with by another company.

Although I do not know how big they are. Sitekreator does payments this way.

If they have a lot of customers they must be incurring a lot of transaction fees but it seems to work for them.