Webserver question

Ok i'm in the begining stages of making my bisneuss website. I need a good , but afforable provider. Also do any of the places offer "shopping carts" for there bisneuss users?

Thanks

There are lots of places that offer shopping carts to thier users. However if you decide to go with one that doesnt then you can always go to http://www.oscommerce.com and download OsCommerce for free.

Its a open source shopping cart system written in php and mysql. Your host however must support both php and mysql to use it.

I suggest Redhat Interchange. It is an excellent shopping cart.

Even if you do decide to go with a provider that offers a shopping cart, you might still want to look into osCommerce. It's the best free shopping cart system I've seen, truly commercial quality.

And no, I'm not involved with the project in any way.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

hehe, alright well thanks for the info, I'll look into both of them. Thanks.

Man i was looking around in there, i have no idea on how to get started.

Get what started? OsCommerce or Interchange?

Oscommerance

Are you trying to install it or just play with a demo of it. It really is a nice shopping cart, but can be a bit confusing for a newbie to it.
    Another good cart, if PERL is more your speed, is City Shop from http://www.nightmedia.net

I'm completey new, althoguh i have taken some VB lesesn perhaps asp is the way to go. But yes i'm want tot customize it to my site.
    Last edited by OC-12 User; 06-29-2002 at 12:25 PM.

They have a pretty active forum over at Oscommerce.com where you cna get some help from other users. If you have a specfic question you are welcome to email me and I will try and help you thru it.

Well i was just tryin to understand that basicis of it, all that pHP stuff, how does it work?

anyone know ezpublish, and can compare it to oscommerce?

OC-12: PHP is very similar to ASP or Perl.... its a fast & easy web scripting language, that generally is used with mySQL. Its what this site (wht) runs on, as well as SitePoint.