Nameserver problem

I have a VPS which uses DirectAdmin. I have 4 domains, I want to use 1 of those as a nameserver for the other 3.
    I setup one of my domains, (being .eu) to work with the admin account, this will be my nameserver domain. How do I set it all up?
    I used FXdomains to register my domain, I do not understand as to what I should put in the nameserver section in FXdomains, somehow I have to link to my server, but it won't accept an IP address.
    Any help as to what I have to enter would be great.

Thank you

/LaHrrS

Well first you must to register being.eu as nameservers at FXdomains(ns1.being.eu and ns2.being.eu for example) pointing to two of your ip´s

Then you´ll have to point all 4 domains to ns1.being.eu and ns2.being.eu

After that you´ll need to set it up in DA, if you have not already.

I have registered the domain, but how do I point my domain to an IP? It seems to have worked for the .eu domain, I see the splash page of DirectAdmin but when I use another domain with the .eu nameservers, it doesn't seem to work.

I only have one IP too.

Well to be able to run your own dns, you will need two ip´s

A vps provider that provide DA should either run their own DNS that you can use, or provide you with 2 ip´s so you can run your own. Ask them about it!

I got the same problem when I donot have domain on Goddady.com. If you have domain in here, you just have to go domain control panel and register. But I dont know how to do if it is not on Goddady.com?

Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp
    I got the same problem when I donot have domain on Goddady.com. If you have domain in here, you just have to go domain control panel and register. But I dont know how to do if it is not on Goddady.com?
    All the main domain registrar control panels have the option to register child namservers.

See http://www.downtownhost.com/register...meservers.html for more information about various registrar control panels.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxcares
    All the main domain registrar control panels have the option to register child namservers.

See http://www.downtownhost.com/register...meservers.html for more information about various registrar control panels.
    Thank you. It is useful.

No problems. Have fun!