Setting the limits - 60,000 unique?

60,000 unique visitors per month on standard shared?

I have one user who has a very busy main website and vb bulletin board. What do you consider excess usage unique visitors wise. I am very lenient on cpu+mem % usage. It has been at this stage a few months now and I think this could be pushing it a little.

References

- Simple html coded website, mainly text.
    - Standard vbulletin based discussion board
    Web Request - Shared / Reseller / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated
    Multiple Domain Hosting .... 24/7 Technical Support - UK Website

High trafficked site that one. Our old gaming site had a little over 45-50k unique hits, and site started to get really slow, graphic hanged etc. And out host in the end "kicked" us out of shared hosting.
    But they offered a rather nicely VPS similar account instead. Was more dedicated RAM, CPU etc for better resource handling. But site was a little more graphical site. So if your hostee is more of less of mainly text, maybe it can handle more. But all comes down to mySQL connections I think maybe. If he has tons of people replying to posts at same time on the forum, then maybe it can be a little bad.

How many users are generally online at once and what does the user pay?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Maybe tell them the truth and offer something higher up like a dedicated server?
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

Can you calculate what its actually costing you to provide this client with their service?
    IMHO, if its no longer profitable (with your desired margin) then there is a business case for changing the deal.

60-100 users on the static html website and 75-100 on the bbs constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    How many users are generally online at once and what does the user pay?
    $6.95 monthly plus overage in bandwidth fees. I will work with the user to see what we can come up with
    Web Request - Shared / Reseller / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated
    Multiple Domain Hosting .... 24/7 Technical Support - UK Website