Post In the interest of starting a lively debate...

For those of you not from Canada, Moneris Solutions is a Royal-and-Toronto-Dominion-Bank-owned company that "specializes" in merchant accounts and credit card processing (POS terminals, online stuff, that sort of thing.) I was recently told (by a Moneris employee of all people) of the following hyperlink:

http://moneris.net/

The actual Moneris homepage, for those of you who may be interested, is http://www.moneris.com .

This seems like just a random rant to me...but I figured you guys might have a different viewpoint.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

Funny huh, "In the interest of starting a lively debate... " did not attract a single post, until now (week(s)) later...

Originally posted by IT Hosting
    Funny huh, "In the interest of starting a lively debate... " did not attract a single post, until now (week(s)) later...

The funny thing is .... the .net redirects to the .com now! what was at the .net site?

Dave
    Glide Hosting
    Domain Names and Web Hosting
    Multi-processor, SCSI RAID, redundant, fast support
    www.glidehosting.com

Moneris doesn't care about you unless you're pushing over a million dollars in credit card transactions per month. Without a considerable revenue don't even bother with them. If you do meet the minimum sales bracket their staff is the most uncaring, inconsiderate bunch of jerks you'll ever meet... kinda like the rest of RBC when it comes to business accounts, even large ones.

My recommendation: if you want a good merchant account go CIBC.

Sincerely,

-Matt

Yes it was kind of weird to see the debate start weeks later but it's all good.

Anyway, what was on moneris.net originally was a protest page from a company that publishes a website for the gay community (no nudity, just a magazine) and sold subscriptions online. Moneris apparently decided, a year afterward, that the content was "offensive" and unilaterally cancelled the merchant account. The company (Planet something-or-other, I forget) did moneris.net as a protest page.

As MattMeier so accurately pointed out, Royal Bank of Canada (and its subsidiary companies, such as Moneris) don't give a damn about you if you're not a multi-million-dollar customer. Many of the employees couldn't be trusted to keep a cactus watered on time and are generally very rude and inconsiderate. (I know this from experience, having been a former employee of a Royal Bank subsidiary).

CIBC, on the other hand, doesn't pose all that good of an alternative. They do have a great online banking system but if you have to actually talk to a representative, it's like handing Kryptonite to Superman.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley