Need to edit a flash file

Hello everyone, I talked the company I work for into buying an online flash quiz for Joomla - it was 80 bucks. The flash file is too big for a screen resolution of 800 X 600 - its too long. The company we bought the quiz from will not tell me how to edit this flash file, so I am here asking for help.

The company I work of is a not for profit organization, the quizes are to be used for public health information and STD (sexually transmitted disease) education.

Can someone please take a look and tell me how to edit these files and adjust the height?
    http://www.jaspernewton.org/index.ph...id=29&Itemid=0

I need to get rid of the big empty space in the middle of the quiz.

This site is not finished, so if you see something wrong, please let me know and I will put it on the "to do" list.

You really need to ask the folks that made it to alter it, don't you think? To do so properly requires either decompiling the movie (essentially "hacking" it) or editing the original FLA file.

Simply go to the plugin source, and edit the settings in the source (not the source of the flash, the source of the HTML). reduce the settings till the box is small enough to fit.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

That will work for the overall size of the movie, but he was talking about the additional whitespace within each movie. For that you need to actually edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    You really need to ask the folks that made it to alter it, don't you think? To do so properly requires either decompiling the movie (essentially "hacking" it) or editing the original FLA file.
    That is just it, I have asked and asked for their help and they will not tell me how to edit these files. If they alter it, they charge for their services. I guess that is what they want, but tech support has not even offered to edit the files for a fee.

Do you have the original .fla file? If so then you can open it up in Flash and edit it there, otherwise you won't be able to do anything but what fastnoc suggested.

No fla, but I do access to the shockwave files.

Provided you have a legal right to do with these movies as you want, look for a Flash decompiler and extract it. Google should find a few for you. I'd be wondering, personally, why they won't offer this to you...maybe they got them from a third party and can't? Kind of odd, I feel..