Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convicted phisher faces up to 101 years in prison

Hoorah...1 Idiot down,many to go!!

A California man faces up to 101 years in federal prison after a jury found him guilty of sending out e-mail scams as well as related crimes. [more]
    ...Cnet News

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

wow... this is a big news
    california? its terminator zone... watch out.

Watch them give him six months probation

Thats pretty cool. Maybe it'll send a message to the 4 million other people out there that do it. Atleast change the subject up a little bit between emails, c'mon.
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

Justice is too slow.... guess we will wait two or three years before we catch the next one....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Anyone else notice the article is from January this year and sentencing is in 5 more month's? So whats that? 5 month's to phish some more and beat feet to a new locale?
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

101 years.. crazy. Although it is a long time, I doubt many will be scared by it :/
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

101 years. They might as well kill him. Why pay for his food and space in jail for the rest of his life.

Well thats as good as life sentence for him. I'm hoping he serves at least 10 - 20 years for it.
    Kerry Jones

101 years is tooooooo much. Its aggressive decision. They should not jail him for more then 5-8 years for such scam, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mahinder
    101 years is tooooooo much. Its aggressive decision. They should not jail him for more then 5-8 years for such scam, IMO.
    Tell that to the people whom he tried to scam and steal their hard earned money.
    Kerry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    Tell that to the people whom he tried to scam and steal their hard earned money.
    No matter what 101 years is tooo much.

No matter what 101 years is tooo much.
    Yes, but what are the chances he will repeat the crime once again?

We have too many criminals whom get out and commit crimes over and over again. If he is released he will likely do it again, so I say save us the grief and lock him away.
    Kerry Jones

How many peoples lives has he destroyed. Ask someone who has been a victim of identity theft.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Baby rapers get 10 years. Drunk driver manslaughters get like 15, and this guy deserves 101?

it's ludicrous.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Wow... 101 years haha
    @ fastnoc true true

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc
    Baby rapers get 10 years. Drunk driver manslaughters get like 15, and this guy deserves 101?
    I agree...........

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Sometimes you wonder where these judges come from!

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

it's ludicrous.
    I never said the the system was perfect, i'm wishing rapists would get that many years as much as this guy did, but it really depends on the judge.
    Kerry Jones

It also depends on the number of counts the defendant is facing. The article does not say, but it was "multiple".

Jeffrey Brett Goodin, 45, of Azusa, was convicted Friday on multiple counts by a jury in the U.S. District Court for Central District of California in Los Angeles, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

also remeber he is the 1st to get nailed under this law... He is being made an example of

Big Brother sending a clear hard message.. amen!
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

101 years for phishing? There are rapists who have been given smaller sentences.

Quite right as well. Lets just hope they dont have access to the interent in the prison!

Fastnoc - I see you have the same problem over there as we do in the UK. Break into someones house and you get a slap on the wrist. Dont pay your council tax and het 1 month in prison!

it's ludicrous.
    Perhaps it's because there are too many victims? If his victim is only one and he got 101 years, that's indeed too much. Otherwise, it's hard to say.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

didnt read the news link

but as the title says " UP TO " not convicted yet on all counts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast