View Poll Results: Best mobile phone make ever?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nokia 3310

3 11.11%
  • Nokia 3330

0 0%
  • Nokia 7210

0 0%
  • Nokia 8210

4 14.81%
  • Nokia 8310

2 7.41%
  • Nokia 5110

0 0%
  • Nokia 6210

7 25.93%
  • ericson t68

1 3.70%
  • Samsung A300

2 7.41%
  • Other

8 29.63%

Post Most Popular Cell Phone

Post your opionions on the cell phone of your fav. cell phone / mobile phone here, (just so i can go buy the best one lol)
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

Originally posted by mlip129
    I like this one:http://www.cnet.com/wireless/0-19234...-1.html?tag=t5
    Yea,,, i used to like that one, its the one i have now, trouble is, i dropped a can of beer over it, and now its all 'washed up' heh

I have a Motorola StarTAC 7760
    http://www.cnet.com/wireless/0-1923403-8-7691474-1.html

Pros - It's small, clear, simple
    Cons - It only lets out a quiet beep when it receives an email rather than a solid and repetitive ring. I'd like to be able to set it so that it makes a bit more noise when it receives email but I don't have the ability to

My husband has a Nokia 8260
    http://www.cnet.com/wireless/0-1923403-8-7721917-1.html

Pros - It has more ring options which would satisfy my above desire and it has games
    Cons - It's too small in my opinion
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

I would say that it is highly unlikely that someone has used/owned all of the various Nokia models you've listed, and as such they will vote for the one they have, not their favorite.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Chicken: Good point, woopsy, but anyway, still intresting too see whos got what

I currently have the Nokia 6210, although I've had it for about 1.5 years so it's getting a little old.

Phones I've had over the years:
    - Nokia 100 (Analogue)
    - Motorola Pulsar (Analogue)
    - Philips Diga (GSM)
    - Ericsson GA628 (GSM)
    - Ericsson GH688 (GSM)
    - Nokia 3210 (GSM - I had 2 of these).
    - Nokia 6210 (GSM - My current one).

About my phone:

Pros: Plenty of ringtones + make your own, operator logos, high resolution screen (good for WAP, email, etc), synchronises address book/calendar with Lotus Notes & my Palm, feature packed and long battery life (7-10 days).

Cons: A little bit big (compared to the current model phones), although it is quite light.

--Shaun

Nokia 3390 Gold here. The one with AIM.

Pros: Easy to navigate, predictive typing, nice alerts (different for calls, messages, and AIM), games (although they aren't interesting, but they're still time-passers).
    Cons: No IR port for PC synch.

I've had two Nokias before (a big-n-clunky analog and a smaller digital one) and they're great. I had the Samsung 3500 before my current Nokia and it was ok (no problems, just didn't have many features).

I wanted to get the Ericsson T68, but it's not available around here yet (2 hours south west in Orlando it is, tho...). I can wait a year, though.
    Alex Llera
    Professional Server Management
    FreeBSD|Linux|HSphere|Cpanel|Plesk

Originally posted by Chicken
    I would say that it is highly unlikely that someone has used/owned all of the various Nokia models you've listed, and as such they will vote for the one they have, not their favorite.
    Ehmm.. actually I own / owned about 80 % of these models

My vote goes to my Siemens SL45 phone

Originally posted by diederik
    My vote goes to my Siemens SL45 phone
    They're actually not that bad. I contemplated getting one of them.

The advertisement don't do the phone any justice, but when you see them in real life they're quite nice :p

--Shaun

12. What are you? a cell phone geek?
    If I were fanatic enuff to have 80% of the models, I would have started cellphonetalk.com
    Hahahaha

Originally posted by diederik

Ehmm.. actually I own / owned about 80 % of these models

Originally posted by [email protected]
    What are you? a cell phone geek?
    If I were fanatic enuff to have 80% of the models, I would have started cellphonetalk.com
    Hahahaha

I just like to collect them

I once had an Ericsson T28, presently using a Nokia 3310. The former was a bit of a disaster, as most handphone users should know. But the latter works great even today, so unless it breaks down, you won't catch me looking at newer models

But the Nokia 8250 released in Asia... That's one sweet-looking handphone

Nokia 8910:
    http://www.nokia.at/pool/pics/8910_pic_popup.jpg
    But way to expensive.

Quite happy with my 8310, my 8210 was nice but it has now retired.

I like these:
    http://nokia.com/phones/6610/index.html
    http://nokia.com/phones/9210i/index.html
    Both awesome phones, but too bad I'm in the U.S.

I currently have a Motorola StarTac, but the phone I'd really like to have is in the attachment below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails v60c.jpg  

Originally posted by allera
    Nokia 3390 Gold here. The one with AIM.

Pros: Easy to navigate, predictive typing, nice alerts (different for calls, messages, and AIM), games (although they aren't interesting, but they're still time-passers).
    Cons: No IR port for PC synch.
    Not to be nit-picky... but, it's he 3390b model ..

I have the same kind... Great phone... Almost never drops a call (although thats completely dependent on service)...

Great clarity, great volume, good features. Cheap..
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

I have 3310 for 2 years now and 8250 for about a year -
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia_apac...ific/8250_main

I like 8250 because it is small, not tacky looking, good features and the blue backlight. The backlight is bright and I even use it as a flashlight sometimes I just do not like that the battery life is shorter than my now old 3310.
    Last edited by Grace; 06-30-2002 at 07:04 AM.

Wow, it seems I am the only one. We use Nextel. The best phone that we have ever seen and utilize is the Motorola i90c.

*Paid $350 per phone.

Picture[s] available at:
    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/websa...all/i90c_s.jpg

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/websa...ium/i90c_m.jpg

Features

Voice Activated Dialing • Dial any of up to 20 numbers by simply saying a name
    Voice Recorder • Record important business or personal "to-do" reminders on your phone
    Standard and Musical Ring Tones • Personalize your phone's ring tones with 9 standard and 10 musical ring tones.
    Java-powered Applications • Pre-programmed with Calculator, Sega game and other exciting applications. Download other applications online with iDEN® Update.
    Phonebook • 250-entry capacity lets you store multiple numbers (home, office, mobile) for your contacts
    Datebook • Manage business and personal appointments and set automated alerts
    Speakerphone • Allows hands-free conversation
    Customized Phone Menu • Organize displayed functions for your convenience
    Advanced Display Screen • Select a font size for easy reading on a large, four-level Gray scale screen
    Styles • Customize ring styles for home, office, meetings, etc.
    VibraCall® • Notifies you of incoming phone calls, Nextel Direct Connect® calls, messages and Voice Mail without a sound
    Rapid Charging • Charge your battery to 70% capacity in 1.5 hours
    3-Way Calling • Allows conference calling with two other people
    Alternate Line Service • Keep your business and personal calls separate with two different numbers (for use in the U.S. only).

Included Accessories
    • OEM Carry Holser with Swivel Belt Clip
    • OEM Rapid Travel Charger
    • OEM Standard Lithium Ion Battery 750mAh

Technical Specifications
    • Dimensions: 3.5" x 2.0" x 1.1"
    • Weight: 4.8 ounces with Slim Lithium Ion Battery
    • Slim Lithium Ion Battery (450 mAh Lithium Ion)
    ~120 minutes talk time
    ~45 hours standby

• Standard Lithium Ion Battery (750 mAh Lithium Ion)
    ~200 minutes talk time
    ~75 hours standby

These are European versions of NOKIA

We use
    900/1800 bands in europe
    america uses 1900 bands

so nokia create same phones with different numbers in america.

Originally posted by Chicken

I have a Nokia.. Nice little phone. It's built pretty good too, I drop it a lot and stuff like that but it's still working great : )

I have a Ericsson A2218z but I busted the screen and other various parts quite horribly about 2 weeks ago when I got pissed off about something totally unrelated. Oops. It is insured, just have to take it to a Cingular store and have it replaced. Right now I am using my fiancé's old Ericsson T28z until I get mine replaced.

http://www.vostok.org/phone/

Anyway, the A2218z was/is a nice phone, it is kind of bulky but that didn't really bother me. The T28z bugs the hell out of me, I am use to pressing "Yes" when my phone rings (from the A2218z) but with this one you just press the button so the flap thing flies open and it answers it, I keep on opening the flap and then hitting "Yes" which disconnects the call. I also send text messages occasionally to my fiancé while he is at work, and this one doesn't have the auto-complete text or whatever it is and it makes it take twice as long for me to write something But it is very small and compact, so it is easy to carry around. I don't think they sell them anymore.

I don't know what phone I would like, I don't need any color crap or anything like that since I don't use it for that. My fiancé uses a Nokia 8260 and it seems nice, very small and easy to carry around. I like the Ericsson R300LX because it is like my old one only with a few more features and it lacks that huge antenna. I think most of the newer ones are ugly.. they look all futuristic and stupid, heh.

I have just received my new phone due to my old contact ending. I got my new Nokia 8310 free with the vodaphone contact i took out with Agros. Well worth the monthly outgoings.

Also, i didnt know the Sony Ericsson T68 was available in the UK - But i may be wrong, i have a client who i design sites for and one of his sites is BlueChip, not seen that phone on it.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

any nokia rocks if u ask me

Just to make Synthetic jealous...

I'm a proud owner of a Motorola v60 from AT&T Wireless. It was FREE from buy.com ($99 with a $99 mail in rebate).

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Kaplan
    I'm a proud owner of a Motorola v60
    My girlfriend has a v60. I totally hate it because it's so much cooler and works so much better than my Samsung 8500 -- which I got back when it was the coolest thing around, but which now seems so big next to that Motorola. The only thing the v60 is really weak on, at least with her AT&T version is the phone book.

She left it behind in my car the other night, and I almost didn't give it back. All the next day I made all my calls on her phone, not even using my home phone (no signal on my cell downstairs in my place -- but hers was fine). But the battery finally died, so I decided to return it after all.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Posting now to say that, since I took my old Ericsson in and had it replaced (it was insured), I now have an Ericsson T61z. It's uglier than hell, I really hate the rounded/bubbly looking top and the silver color is kind of stupid. My other choice was a Nokia 3390, but I went with the Ericsson because I am cheap and didn't want to have to buy a new car charger, since I already have one that will fit the Ericsson I was also told by the guy at the Cingular store that the Ericsson has better battery life, and sometimes I have problems remembering to put my phone on the charger, so it is a good thing for me Although I am pissed that Tetris and Solitaire were taken off! Grrr...

My newest phone is a 5510, there cool

dont like them 5510's - they look out of place against other phones.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote