JV-Hosting.net down?

I can't get to the main site or my own website. Anyone else have any luck at all?

JV-Hosting.net down?
    I can't get to the main site or my own website. Anyone else have any luck at all?

http://www.jv-hosting.net
    http://www.lotgdz.net

Crap, if it is down how do I figure out when it will be back up thanks.
    Last edited by zaclegend; 01-19-2007 at 05:04 AM.

bump

hello? anyone gona help me please

Site appears down here as well.

I did check however and the server itself is online, FTP seems to be up. There web service must have failed, do you have a number or e-mail you can use to contact them?

A personal suggestion would be to login and backup all your files from FTP right now incase something worse happens.

Edit: I pulled this e-mail from a 2003 copy of their site, maybe it will be still active:
    Vincent Elisan, CEO
    vincent@jv-hosting.net

And even more from another site:
    Vincent Elisan
    vincent@jv-admin.net
    +1 858 395 3763
    Last edited by BPrintz; 01-20-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Question

it has been a couple of days anybody heard anything yet?

Still Nothing

I have been trying to get in touch with Vincent from JV-Hosting, and NOTHING. I have emailed (main site is down so I suspect server is down) and I have called him and left a message. NOTHING.

I have SIX sites hosted by JV. I have been a customer with them since about 4-5 years and this is the second time that I have has problems like this. If anyone has any information. please let me know.

VividK

vividk--only the second time? I've been with Vincent & Co. for maybe a year or two less than you have (at least three years, maybe four), and this has happened twice now in the past month alone!

Just thought I'd sign up for an account here and chime in as well--I also have two different web sites hosted with jv-hosting and haven't been able to get to them for several days. There was also an "outage" a couple of weeks back, I think, that lasted for several days.

jv-hosting is DEFINITELY a "you get what you pay for" sort of deal.

I just hope everything comes back up long enough for me to get my database tables, download a full copy of all my files, and get out of Dodge and find somebody else.

I've been less-than-thrilled with Vincent, to say the least. The fact that his billing system makes you essentially "overdue" the day your bill is due is somewhat bothersome as well.

At any rate, I guess we'll have to just hang in there and see how it goes....

G.--

Thumbs down clarification

I had outages before, but I was able to get inn touch ith Vincent. However, for a year and a half I had a site hosted there that I was not updating and I don't know about outages. I started using them again early last year and other than some minor issues with billing I wasn't too bothered with them. I recently paid for additional hosting and I am definitely not getting my money's worth...You are right this is the 2nd time this year with no communication or anything from Vincent. I hate that I paid for hosting that I cannot use.

However, hopefully I can get my databases like you said, andd then I am GONE!

It looks like we're back up--better start downloading those files and database tables....

Best of luck to you, vividk!

G.--

Imagine that--it looks like we're down AGAIN.

And the main jv-hosting page comes up blank with only

<?
    echo "web5.ltbx.com is alive";
    ?>

if you view source.

What the heck is the problem? How difficult is it to keep a web server up and running for more than a few days at a time?

This is getting to be ridiculous...

G.--

Still down. When we got back up I tried to back up my sites and it went down in the middle.

This is so unbelievable. I just freaking in late November. Now I am out of money and my sites.

And we're down AGAIN.

This is it. Assuming it ever comes back up I'm doing a database dump of my blog and getting the hell out of Dodge.

This is ridiculous. How difficult is it to keep a LAMP server running more than a few days at a time?

If anyone out there reading this has stumbled upon this thread while searching on Google, please avoid jv-hosting.net like the plague that it is.

G.--

My jv-hosting.net hosted website is up, but I can't login to Cpanel. I want to grab my database files, but can't get to them. Anyone been able to get to their files?

The site seems to be back online.. After taking a look at their packages, I noticed the "JV_Unlimited" plan is sold out.. Unlimited Space / Bandwidth.. That is a potential problem right there..

Once upon a time, I thought that getting an "Unlimited Hosting Plan" was good for me -- Heck, Just spend $25.00 /month and host all of my sites.. but then I started to see alot of downtime and over-loaded servers.. Which is why I now have my own dedicated servers to host my sites as I prefer quality not quantity..

If you guys are looking for a change, I can provide you some temporary space to keep your sites online until you find a new home.. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by bflusche
    My jv-hosting.net hosted website is up, but I can't login to Cpanel. I want to grab my database files, but can't get to them. Anyone been able to get to their files?
    yup same thing with me

Not being able to get into cpanel was the final straw for me. Fortunately I had recently done a database dump so I had all of that data handy.

I sent multiple "trouble tickets" about the cpanel thing but never heard back--I never even received an e-mail reply saying that the ticket had been sent (or whatever) so I doubt that the entire system is even working.

Obviously his e-mail address bounces back. I called his (cell?) phone and left a message and he never called me back. I went so far as to track him down in eBay and send him an e-mail through their system, hoping that maybe it went to an account other than the jv-hosting mail account.

I'm guessing that he's given up on the whole server/support business entirety and wishes it would just go away so he can play WoW.

Anyway. I've moved to a new hosting company--one that's actually a company and not a kid living in his parent's basement--so I'll bow out of the jv-hosting discussion.

Good luck folks. Hopefully at least he'll let you all back into cpanel!

G.--

No Cpanel or FTP access here either!!!

Anyone know how i can get my files?? I'd hate to have to start over on the sites I have there.

Any recent news as to when one may be able to login to Cpanel at jv-hosting?
    Ihave got to delete some files and modify others that are displaying old and inaccurate data.
    Any suggestions (short of sending a lawyer after him) on how to get to Vincent?

As I noted, I've already moved on, but if you're curious--Google "jvxmtg".

Maybe you can find him on the forums for World of Warcraft. I wasn't completely kidding when I speculated that he abandoned his company to play WoW 24 hours a day....

G.--

Thanx for the reply.
    I too have moved on, but there is stuff still left on his servers of mine that are inaccurate over time and need to be updated or removed.
    I would rather he just delete my account and all the account's files, so that Google doesn't keep making this stuff available.
    Let me know when his server goes down again, I can then try to get the URLs removed from Google (until they get put back up). <lol>

Wow, this guy (vincent elisan) has apparently totally shut down his hosting company (jv-hosting.net) completely. No prior notification whatsoever!! That's the kind of ridiculously horrible service he has provided all along, but still - what a crock. My question: can anyone tell me how I can reclaim my domain names???

Did you register your domain with him, or did you register it with a different company? If you registered it with a different company (I use addresscreation.com) all you need to do is find a new hosting company and change the DNS information at your registrar. Does that make sense?

Thanks griffeymac. Yep, that makes sense. However, I actually registered the domain names with jv-hosting.net! Now that they are gone (with no warning to me whatsoever), what can I do to re-gain control of my domain names? Have they gone into some kind of a blackhole where I have to wait for them to expire and hope that noone else has registered to automatically register them in their name at that time? The only info I found says you have to have the registrar themselves reply to your request, a scenario I realize at this time to be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelp View Post
    Thanks griffeymac. Yep, that makes sense. However, I actually registered the domain names with jv-hosting.net! Now that they are gone (with no warning to me whatsoever), what can I do to re-gain control of my domain names? Have they gone into some kind of a blackhole where I have to wait for them to expire and hope that noone else has registered to automatically register them in their name at that time? The only info I found says you have to have the registrar themselves reply to your request, a scenario I realize at this time to be impossible.
    Most domain registration sites will transfer a domain name to them from another site provided you are the owner.
    Example:
    mydomain.com/domains_transfers.php
    MyDomain makes it simple to transfer your existing domain names. For $7.99, you can transfer any existing domain you have that has a .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz or .us extension.
    Transfers add an additional year to your current registration.
    mydomain.com/domains_transfers.php