MYSql backup from v5 to v4 problems

I am trying to backup and restore a database and seem to be running in to the following errors.

ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 29: Can't create table './tcadmin/tc_bandwidth_type.frm' (errno: 121)

Source machine
    Windows Server 2003
    mysql 5.0.11

destination machine
    RHEL 4.x
    MYsql 4.1.20

I think it is the way I am backing up the database that is the real problem

I have checked the compatibility mode option in the administration panel for backup, run full backup, and lockled the tables and still I get the error.

I have done some research and I think there is a command line I need to run to make it compatible with mysql 4.x systems but nothing seems to be right that I am doing. Can anyone here offer some insight to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
    Reed

As far as what I read in the changelogs, there is some major differences between how entities are handled in mysql5 and mysql4. So I recommend you to check on the structure of the database which is holding this table and make sure that the data values defined there are present in mysql4.1 too.

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

mysqldump --compatible=mysql40 is the command-line equivalent, but it looks like there's no compatibility mode for 4.1 so presumably no change in the dump file format between 4.1 and 5.x.

Also, with compatiblity problems you'd expect syntax errors. "Can't create table" looks more like a problem with directory permissions or user privileges on the destination machine, eg. Does the user there have create table privilege?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Can be a compatibility issue too. If possible try getting a backup with backward compatibility.

may be that helps.

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter