Web Hosting Setup Assistance

Hi,

We are not a hosting company but we will be hosting up to 10-15 sites. We have a hosted dedicated server that has 4 Virtual Machines (2 Win/2 Linux). That is what was provided by the host and no other assistance. We would have to put in place all software/sites/code etc ourselves.

This isn't too difficult to run sites on either side but I would like to have a Control Panel like interface to simplify things. Plus all the developement is done by third parties. Therefore, having each have their own access seperately would be great. We also would like to use one CMS (Typo3 was chosen for this).

I have looked at cPanel and such solutions. But I would really want a solution that is done in the most secure and profesional way. Not just a kludge or hack.

My question/request: I would love for some folks to suggest ideas or even people/company that could do this for me at a reasonable hourly rate.

I can elaborate on our setup/requirements if need be.

Thank you in advance for any info,
    Derek

are your customers running heir own sites or are you in charge of all your customers sites?

The second option is more secure as you limit access to server as well as anything that the customers can break.

We are in charge of all the sites for our customers. So yes, it could be setup quite secure.

Do you have experience setting hosts up like this?

d

Moved to employment so it's ok for members to reply with offers.

Yes, that's how we run all our sites, we've been doing that since 2002. We don't even have a website for the company

Most of the customers are not in the computer field so they "just want a site". Rest is up to us.

As for suggestions.
    Host - use a fully managed. If you want a VPS, use servint or possibly powervps. If you want dedicated I would suggest one of the big guys.

If you already have a host then find out what sort of host management solutions they can offer.

As an example, with servint, we do most of our own installations but if there is something that we can't do from our side or just have no time for, we send them an email and it's done quickly.

As for server hardening/security, search forums and ask ... I gave up on outsourced ... most of the guys charge U$100 and follow the steps from 'Tech yourself linux security in 21 days"

Quote Originally Posted by dereko
    Hi,

We are not a hosting company but we will be hosting up to 10-15 sites. We have a hosted dedicated server that has 4 Virtual Machines (2 Win/2 Linux). That is what was provided by the host and no other assistance. We would have to put in place all software/sites/code etc ourselves.

This isn't too difficult to run sites on either side but I would like to have a Control Panel like interface to simplify things. Plus all the developement is done by third parties. Therefore, having each have their own access seperately would be great. We also would like to use one CMS (Typo3 was chosen for this).

I have looked at cPanel and such solutions. But I would really want a solution that is done in the most secure and profesional way. Not just a kludge or hack.

My question/request: I would love for some folks to suggest ideas or even people/company that could do this for me at a reasonable hourly rate.

I can elaborate on our setup/requirements if need be.

Thank you in advance for any info,
    Derek
    We can do the stuff for you.You can contact us on following id's:

MSN: [email protected]
    AIM:htsupport
    Yahoo: Hostechs

Also this will be an easy way to communicate and know your requirements.

We can help please contact t.yhap @ northstorm.net

MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business