Thread: I am Confuse.

I am Confuse.

I have 300 gb of bandwidth which is 1-2 mbps, so where does 100 mbps comming from?

If you have colo from a provider that says you have a 300GB allowance, then you are usually on a 10Mbit or 100Mbit port.

Forget about 1-2Mbits because by what you're saying, you don't get billed like that.

Sound right?
    It's Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by camers
    If you have colo from a provider that says you have a 300GB allowance, then you are usually on a 10Mbit or 100Mbit port.

Forget about 1-2Mbits because by what you're saying, you don't get billed like that.

Sound right?
    so i am getting 100 mpbs, not 2? Which is alot of gb of bandwidth i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix4583
    so i am getting 100 mpbs, not 2? Which is alot of gb of bandwidth i guess.
    Wow, 100 MBPS of bandwidth. You must be paying and arm and a leg?

Look.

You have 300GB of allowed data transfer, but you have a port speed of 100mbps. Once you reach 300GB of data transfer you need to pay overages for extra bandwidth.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff - Exceed
    Look.

You have 300GB of allowed data transfer, but you have a port speed of 100mbps. Once you reach 300GB of data transfer you need to pay overages for extra bandwidth.
    is 300gb good enought for gaming server?

is 300gb good enought for gaming server?
    Depends on the type of gaming server, how many players, how often it's filled, etc.

Anyone knows any good MRTG auto installer that shows like how much total bandwidth I have been using or shows like CPU usage with spike on the graph?

I think Cacti may be what you are looking for...google it.
    NodePlex - Powerful and Customizable Dedicated Servers
    Experienced Dedicated Server Hosting since 2003
    EasyPro - Professional Website Builder
    The tools and performance you need to build stunning websites

or ask NANOG, they are the experts!

Quote Originally Posted by sirrenny
    or ask NANOG, they are the experts!
    That's kinda like calling your local NOAA office for a weather report when the information is readily available via local TV news, local news papers, or on a million other websites. The information about bandwidth monitoring is readily available by just doing a few quick searches of these forums.

Try the key words:

cacti
    mrtg
    vnstat
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Ask your provider, your 300 GB of bandwith is your allowed data transfer per month, it appears as though you have a 1-2 meg commit and a burst ability up to 100 meg, yet remember that bursts over your commit do cost an arm and a leg. Definitely ask your provider for the specifics as to what your speeds are, what your burst is and what the burst rate per meg is.

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco
    That's kinda like calling your local NOAA office for a weather report when the information is readily available via local TV news, local news papers, or on a million other websites. The information about bandwidth monitoring is readily available by just doing a few quick searches of these forums.

Try the key words:

cacti
    mrtg
    vnstat
    yea, but those are hard to install lol.