Bracket Highlighting with Dreamweaver?

I really like using Dreamweaver (8) for my layouts; the fact that it has a built-in FTP client is a BIG plus; none of the other HTML / PHP editors I've used have an FTP client that compares so far as ease of use. For this reason I end up using DW8 as my primary programming application.

My only beef with DW8 is that there is no bracket highlighting for programming. Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow enable this, or if there is some extension that will do this? I have searched but couldn't really find what I was looking for.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I don't believe there is an extension for that, and I don't believe it can be enabled. This is why I switched to phpDesigner 2007.

Edit->preferences->code coloring. Or did you mean bracket matching, where one selected bracket shows it's mate? Doesn't have that, but Ultra Edit does, and includes the ability to upload (FTP) and edit from the server.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Edit->preferences->code coloring. Or did you mean bracket matching, where one selected bracket shows it's mate?
    This is what I was confused on too. Bracket Highlighting to me would be matching the brackets to make sure they were meeting one another properly, but code coloring I know as a syntax highlighting.

If I was wrong in my assumption P-nut I apologize for the incorrect statement.

I know this thread is dead but its at the top of the results list if you search google for "Dreamweaver php bracket highlighting" so for people still looking for bracket matching in Dreamweaver here is the answer:

In Dreamweaver CS3 in the code view on the left side there are several buttons, 2 are of interst the "{}" with the dotted line between the brackets and the "<>" with the cursor between the brackets. When you click on a line numer and one of these buttons code will be higlighted from the corrosponding begin tag on that line to the end tag.

I'm dutch so sorry if it sounds confusing.