Talking Gigenet - the story so far!

Hi all,

I have been a customer of EV1 for 3 years and although I have been moderately happy I feel the performance of their network isn't what it used to be in the old rackshack days, and the service seems a little slacker too. Not to harp on about it, as I believe if you are not happy then you should just vote with your feet... that's what I'm doing.

I decided after reading glowing reports to go to Gigenet... Their performance sounds better, and from what I have seen so far it looks that way. I have had two conversations with members of management there, Chris and Derek and both were very quick to respond and very helpful indeed! I am just waiting for my server to be setup and I will post more, but first impressions of these guys... very good and very professional... and a good price too!

I don't know if they read these forums, but if they do, thanks guys!

Jim
    Last edited by Spectre; 01-17-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Sounds cool, keep us updated in the coming months however, as first impressions don't do justice
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

I will have to agree with this review. GigeNET's support is second to none and I am quite impressed with their hardware as well.

Sure I will... Just had another chat with Derek to iron out a couple of details and it should be up and running soon. I can certainly say so far I am enjoying the personal touch... feels like they actually "care", which I can tell you is not my previous experience from hosting companies!

I will post my findings once I have had a play with the server in the morning!

Good to hear that you like them and that you found a hosting company that meets your expentations. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and you will like them just as much in the future as well.

Always great to hear a positive review.

Thread moved to Dedicated Server Forum.

First impressions certainly count for something... but you don't get married over first impressions alone. So do let us know how your relationship evolves!

ok... second impressions time!

It's all set up... after a small false start with cpanel (changed the hostname by accident and got invalid license, oops!... fixed now!) it's all working....

OH.... MY... GOD it's FAST!!!!! So much faster than EV1 (at least access from UK is!)... so, looking good still... I guess the proof is in the pudding and I will have to post back in a month or two, but right now I'm a happy chicken!

Spectre,

Glad to hear your happy with the service! If there's ever anything you need, just ask!
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

cheers!... all working great, feature packed and v.fast.... only thing I'm trying to do is find a way of checking my mail from windows without having a browser open all the time... have a prog that used to work with squirrelmail, but the cpanel security is messed up so it doesnt work... can't check pop because port blocked from work :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre
    cheers!... all working great, feature packed and v.fast.... only thing I'm trying to do is find a way of checking my mail from windows without having a browser open all the time... have a prog that used to work with squirrelmail, but the cpanel security is messed up so it doesnt work... can't check pop because port blocked from work :'(
    Hello Spectre,

If you open up a ticket or message me on aim (ameengigenet) i can try and help you with this.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

Gigenet's awesome. Their network is blazing fast, and of course their whole staff is really cool and helpful no matter how silly your support issue might seem. I think they are going to be the next big thing in this industry. It's like they provide the support of rackspace, at the price level of softlayer - how much better can it get!

end of day one... all going pretty well, just been on AIM with Ameen who helped me with the email issue... works a treat, thanks!!

Personally double checked a couple of settings i was concerned about as well... couldn't ask for more!

Quote Originally Posted by mj4589
    Gigenet's awesome. Their network is blazing fast, and of course their whole staff is really cool and helpful no matter how silly your support issue might seem. I think they are going to be the next big thing in this industry. It's like they provide the support of rackspace, at the price level of softlayer - how much better can it get!
    Could not agree more!

I am going to be trying them out from a reseller of them, hopefully they stand up to it!

Why revive a two month old thread to say that?

any other reseller rather than sh3lls ? cant find any..
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!