Hybrid View

linksky reseller

I am starting a web design business and am thinking about setting up a resller plan so i can eventually offer webhosting also. I don't have many clients at the moment so I'm not expecting much in terms of what the reller package offers.
    I was planning on Linksky standard reseller package to start out with and then upgrade once i get more clients.
    Can Anyone tell me if this the way to go or if they have a better solution.

I would avoid like the plage to any host offering "Unmetered bandwidth"

But that's just me.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What would be the problem with that?

What reseller would you suggest istead?

Is not economical feasible to offer Unmeted Bandwidth for $4.95 to start.

Do you know what are your needs in space and bandwidth? do you have any preference on the control panel or OS?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What would be the problem with that?
    Assuming the host does indeed not meter bandwidth, then the cap would be the server's network connection, which you'd be effectively sharing with the others on that same server. If everyone is trying to maximize data transfer usage (and why not, since it's virtually free there), you might end up contending with some serious data transfer users.

Now, assuming that the host does care about its customers, it would have to intervene when the cases are extreme, which would in fact mean metering data transfer usage and determine who's are the culprits.

Then again, the server would probably be overloaded way before it maxes its network connectivity, so it really comes down to how much CPU your can pay for.

"Unmetered" in a shared hosting environment is basically just another word for "unlimited", though certainly not as misleading. Still, I believe most people around here would prefer an "old fashioned" limited host, even if only for ethics related reasons.

[QUOTE=ldcdc;4319677]..."Unmetered" in a shared hosting environment is basically just another word for "unlimited".[QUOTE]

Not at all.

Unmetered simply means that you don't get charged for additional bandwidth usage. Think of a Taxi-cab "meter"...

If on the very rare occasion that a particular account is #1 following our AUP, and #2 is starting to have even the slightest impact on other accounts sharing the same server, we just move the account to another (usually newer and more powerful) less populated server. Multi-processor Linux servers that are properly configured can handle a lot these days as you probably know.

For the hosts offering unmetered service as we do, maintaining servers with excellent response and uptime is just a matter of good backend account management.

[quote=jols;4575253][quote=ldcdc;4319677]..."Unmetered" in a shared hosting environment is basically just another word for "unlimited".

Not at all.

Unmetered simply means that you don't get charged for additional bandwidth usage. Think of a Taxi-cab "meter"...

If on the very rare occasion that a particular account is #1 following our AUP, and #2 is starting to have even the slightest impact on other accounts sharing the same server, we just move the account to another (usually newer and more powerful) less populated server. Multi-processor Linux servers that are properly configured can handle a lot these days as you probably know.

For the hosts offering unmetered service as we do, maintaining servers with excellent response and uptime is just a matter of good backend account management.
    So in this context you are saying unmetered means it doesn't matter if I use 1GB or 10,000GB's of data transfer? So if my sites are negatively affecting the performance of other customers websites you will simply move my sites to another server?

What are your restrictions for CPU usage, memory usage, connections, etc.?
    I post on WHT strictly for sig views