Thread: USPS Shipping

USPS Shipping

Dear All,

I need a help from you.One of my friend sent me a laptop on May 2006 and I got the tracking number also.I am from India.I have never received it in my end and if I am tracking the same using tracking number ,it is saying that it left place 13th May 2006 and no further info is available.

I have paid $400 for the same and $80 for shipping.But it is missed.Does anyone can help in this regard?.WHat I need to do?

Phone USPS, they'll be able to provide you with more information than the online tracking system.

I believe every time the item moves it is scanned, onto the truck, off of the truck etc etc, so they'll be able to give the exact status of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_grant
    Phone USPS, they'll be able to provide you with more information than the online tracking system.

I believe every time the item moves it is scanned, onto the truck, off of the truck etc etc, so they'll be able to give the exact status of the package.
    That's correct.

If you have your tracking number, visit http://www.usps.com and enter it there
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

the slowest I ever had was 6-8 weeks from Germany to Japan, that was because everybody had to check that its really all inside I assume ;-)

from US slowest ever was 6 week (once) if I remember that correctly. I am regularly thrilled how fast they ship from the US. 3-5 days seems common to Japan.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

6-8 weeks is like 2 months?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by creativeartist
    Dear All,

I need a help from you.One of my friend sent me a laptop on May 2006 and I got the tracking number also.I am from India.I have never received it in my end and if I am tracking the same using tracking number ,it is saying that it left place 13th May 2006 and no further info is available.

I have paid $400 for the same and $80 for shipping.But it is missed.Does anyone can help in this regard?.WHat I need to do?
    That is way too long for something to arrive. Seems it is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldp
    That is way too long for something to arrive. Seems it is lost.
    I ship stuff all around the world, on a regular basis... I agree with MacDonadp... it is lost, never to be seen. The post office is normally great... I lost one package in 2006.

good luck sith trying to get any type of refund from USPS....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by creativeartist
    Dear All,

Sorry for your lost, but umm....why did you wait over 7 months before seeking help?

This doesn't make much sense to me.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

It is obviously lost. Call USPS and get your insurance claim started right away.

Was it insured?
    How can USPS track parcels once they have left the US and are in the Indian postal system?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno
    Was it insured?
    How can USPS track parcels once they have left the US and are in the Indian postal system?
    I don't know how the usps does it, but some packages have "delivered" assigned...

For example:

Label/Receipt Number: LCXXXXXXXX

Your item was delivered in CANADA at 7:40 PM on January 5, 2007.

Although, some packages will show (this was going to Belgium):

Label/Receipt Number: LCXXXXXXXX

There is no record of this item.

Considering how long and hard it is to file a domestic insurance claim, good luck on an international insurance claim, if you had insurance. Plus, I think they have a time limit, so you might want to "get hot" and file a claim.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Just like the others, I suggest you call USPS and talk to them as it is more than likely that the package was lost. I also think that next time, if something like this happens again, you should act faster on the matter because the sooner the better.

I have the tracking number with me.Can anyone help me in thiw regard?

call usps. thats all you have to do at this point to get started.
    Course-Notes.Org

US History US Government and Politics| Note Outlines Vocab
    Euro History Psychology Econonomics | Forum Study Guides

I have tried that also.There was no profit in calling them.

I am putting here the tracking number :CP576186269US

Please help me.I lost a laptop that cost $500

It looks like you just sent it regular parcel mail and not a courier type delivery (not the USPS Global Express service)...so they don't track beyond the US border. Do you know what USPS service was used?

Did you pay for insurance? Do you have a receipt for insurance? If not, there is not much you can do. There may even be a time limit on claiming insurance ...and this happened 8 months ago.

USPS tracking system is horrible. Most times their site isn't updated until after a couple of days I receive the item. Use UPS or Fedex for proper tracking of the item.