Help pls..lost account!

Hi there.I recently bought a domain (gpl-scripts.com) and hosting plan form a company I never used before.After that I had some problems with my hard drives and all the data stored where lost, also the login data for de control panel from that domain.
    I forgot the company website address and I searched on the whois to see de dns.
    The dns are pointing to a company theplanet.com and I contact them to give me the company website or phone so I can recover my login account but they did not want to give me the company’s website.
    The company from where I bought the hosting is a reseller for theplant.com

Ok..so how can I recover my login data… any suggestions?

Thank you

Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Hi
    It is pitty. Do you remember how did you find them? Did you recive letters from them?

sslcatacombnetworking.com seems to be a godaddy reseller.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Well I'm not the best at this, but I think its either:

http://www.wildwestdomains.com/

or

http://www.sslcatacombnetworking.com/

At least those are the two domains that came up when I did a whois and followed the trail of breadcrumbs...

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_grant
    Well I'm not the best at this, but I think its either:

http://www.wildwestdomains.com/

or

http://www.sslcatacombnetworking.com/

At least those are the two domains that came up when I did a whois and followed the trail of breadcrumbs...
    wildwestdomains.com is a GoDaddy Company that offers reseller plans and it seems that sslcatacombnetworking.com is one of them, if moromete says that is not the company then I don't know how you can get the information, I checked a few of the websites hosted on IP 70.86.206.218 and they all point to sslcatacombnetworking.com

Since the domain has the privacy setting turned on I believe all info on the whois is not the real one
    Last edited by wbpro; 01-17-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

How did you pay them? with credit card or paypal?

If you paid with credit card check your bank statement sometimes there is a phone number listed there with the charge. If you paid with paypal check their paypal email address and try writing them.

If you are paying monthly on the next billing cycle they should send you an email confirming the payment i guess you can fin the information needed there.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

I can’t remember how I got to them…I searched on google for some good hosting and visited a forum and form that forum I ended up on a website and from there I found the website from where o bought the domain..i know..no chance to make the same thing and find them again..

The website sslcatacombnetworking.com is from where they bought the domain.. that I registered trough them when I bought the hosting plan.I had emailed them and they had point me to try at theplanet.com..but they don’t want to tell me the company website..

I don’t know but.. I think they are obligated to give me the company’s website.. I am also a customer of the.. it’s stupid..i did not ask for any passwords or user data….i just want an email or a website from that address..

Is there another way to find that company… or I just have to wait until they send me a newsletter or something like that???

Yes ..i paid with a credit card.. I forgot.. I will go tomorrow to the bank .. thank’s

From what I see in RWHOIS:

Code:
    $ whois -h rwhois.theplanet.com -p 4321 70.86.206.218
    %rwhois V-1.5:003eff:00 whois.theplanet.com (by Network Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.5)
    network:Class-Name:network
    network:ID:THEPLANET-BLK-13
    network:Auth-Area:70.84.0.0/14
    network:Network-Name:TPIS-BLK-70-86-206-0
    network:IP-Network:70.86.206.216/29
    network:IP-Network-Block:70.86.206.216 - 70.86.206.223
    network:Organization-Name:WebServicesBilling.com
    network:Organization-City:Mount Vernon
    network:Organization-State:IN
    network:Organization-Zip:47620
    network:Organization-Country:US
    network:Description-Usage:customer
    network:Server-Pri:ns1.theplanet.com
    network:Server-Sec:ns2.theplanet.com
    network:Tech-Contact;I:[email protected]
    network:Admin-Contact;I:[email protected]
    network:Created:20060302
    network:Updated:20060302
    Does that ring any bells? There's a contact form on that site.

Edit: Hmmm.... this is interesting:

Code:
    $ telnet mail.gpl-scripts.com 25
    Trying 70.86.206.218...
    Connected to gpl-scripts.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220-caprica.sslcatacombnetworking.com ESMTP Exim 4.63 #1 Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:06:19 -0600 
    220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 
    220 and/or bulk e-mail.
    Being that it looks like a cPanel server, you *should* be able to access cPanel at http://www.gpl-scripts.com/cpanel and your host is www.sslcatacombnetworking.com
    Last edited by mripguru; 01-17-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by moromete
    The website sslcatacombnetworking.com is from where they bought the domain.. that I registered trough them when I bought the hosting plan.
    The domain still points to sslcatacombnetworking.com's server so you never changed the nameservers to point to the new host's server. Because of this, there is absolutely no way that anyone can tell you which company it was for sure by doing any kind of lookup, you need to find out from paperwork related to the payment or wait for the host to contact you.

A wild guess, but maybe it's http://www.ultrasurge.com ?

I see they've partnered with sslcatacombnetworking.com.

If that's not the host you're after, maybe you can still find it in the list of google results for "sslcatacombnetworking.com"

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...working.com%22

Good luck!

Ok..so I got to the bank…but on the paper it writes only:
    10-10-06 Tranz: 114 USD
    DOMAINS/HOSTING SRVCS. 480-6242500 AZUS

Dose anybody has any other suggestion.?
    I think I will try to hack the account.I know the user name..and have some clue about the password…I know..it’s stupid to hack you own account..but I am running out of option here…

Trying to hack the account may be a bad idea. Many hosts run Brute Force detection which will ban your IP if you fail authentication to many times.

(480)-624-2500 - This phone number is the support number for clients who signed up through a GoDaddy reseller. So in other words, all you need to do is call the support number and ask them for your account information.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions