I'm looking into buying a refurbished Sony VGN-FE770G (at least that's what I think it is judging from the picture and the specifications), these are the specs:
* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5600 at 1.83GHz
* 667MHz front side bus speed
* 2MB L2 cache
* 1GB DDR2 memory (shared); upgradeable to 2GB
* 120GB SATA hard drive (5,400 RPM)
* DVD±RW drive with Double Layer Support
* 15.4" WXGA XBRITE-ECO™ display; 1280 x 800 native resolution
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 128MB dynamically allocated shared video memory
* Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) WLAN
* Integrated V.92/V.90 modem
* 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet
* Built-in camera and microphone
For $979.99, sound reasonable? I looked around and a brand new system with these specs is at about $1200-$1300 or so? The downside is there is a 6 month warranty and I doubt that I"ll be able to buy an extended warranty from Sony.
The only thing I'm worried about with this system is the graphics card. Now I'm not a huge gamer or anything, but I would like to be able to play the Sims 2 without any difficulty and I also plan on using Photoshop so I don't know if I should be looking at a system with a better graphics card.
I'm a college student and do plan on carrying it around with me and I know it's on the heavy side at 6lbs but was wondering if the extra weight would make portability a problem?
I'm leaning towards Sony because I like how they look. I was looking at the Dell e1405 but the graphics card isn't that great (this one isn't that great either I know). I don't even know if I'll even need that great of a graphics card but for whatever reason, I would like a better one in case I need it in the future.
Never by a computer because "I like how it looks" please look whats under the hood, and the price your paying. Normally you pay more for Sony just because of the name. Sure they have highly rated Televisions but that does not make their computer better.