RAQ 550 to RAQ 4r

I have purchased a RAQ 4r server with RAQ 550 OS installed on it. The problem is that my shopping cart (old Qstore version 2.1a) wont run on the RAQ 550's. Is it possible to format the raq 550 os and return it to the RAQ 4r os? How would you go about formatting the server? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Easy. Get a copy of the Raq4R OS Restore CD. There are a bunch of places on the web to get this to download and burn for free, and other who will sell you a copy.

Stick the restore CD in a compatible computer, connect to your RaQ with a crossover cable, and follow the instructions. This will re-install the original OS. You then should diligently apply all the various patches (findable at the same places that have the OS images). Off you go.

It will take about an hour (not counting downloading and burning the CD and hooking up the hardware).

If you can't find the restrore CD image, ask again here and someone will find it for you.

Thank you

Thank you. I will try to give it a whirl and let you know what happens.

While starting up the OS Reboot disk....I go through and say yes to the user liscense and such and then I get to a part that reads:

Either One 100Base-T Ethernet Hub and Two Standard Category 5 Ccables, or One Category 5 Crossover Cable

Press Space for next page, press b for previos page

For some odd reason it wont allow me to press the space bar to go to the next page and thats all the further I can get. Anyone have any answers for me. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Problem resolved

It was the pci card

Yeah, the installer isn't all that friendly. Strongbolt, which is CentOS+BlueQuartz has a better installer, but it installs essentially a follow-on to a 550-like system, and that doesn't serve your immediate need.

Good luck!