[HIRING] Looking for experienced L3 Systems Administrator (Remote)
We are a well established web hosting company and looking for an experienced Level 3 Sysadmin to join us. This is a remote and full-time position so you can work from home as long as you have reliable internet connection and your own secure office space there.
* provide technical and sales support to customers via helpdesk, live chat, and phone
* managing and monitoring servers
* perform weekly security audits
* install and configure third party scripts for internal purpose
* coding scripts as needed
* update our FAQ and support knowledgebase
* you are at least 22 years old and MUST live in the US or Canada
* minimum of 3 years solid experience working with Linux (CentOS and Red Hat), CPanel, Plesk, and all its related software (Apache, PHP, MySQL, exim, qmail, pureftpd, proftpd, ClamAV, Horde, Squirrelmail, Fantastico, etc) in production environment
* advanced/guru scripting skills in bash, perl, and PHP
* good understanding of TCP/IP, networking and DNS
* strong knowledge of Linux and CPanel/Plesk server security, like working with firewalls (iptables, APF, etc), securing servers, auditing logs, disabling unused ports and binaries, tracking vulnerable scripts or spammers, etc
* good experience with account migration between servers with same control panel (CPanel to CPanel or Plesk to Plesk)
* good knowledge of Windows 2003 Server + Helm is a plus
* experience installing and working with light weight webservers (lighttpd or thttpd) is a plus
* excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
* knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards
* able to sport different hats throughout your day
* attention to details
* proactive and self starter
* eager to learn and pick up new skills quickly
Only selected qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not submit your resume if you don't posses the requirements above.
Please email your resume, employment history, references, expected salary, and contact info (IM and phone) to [email protected]. Thank you.