eNom Reselling Questions

Hi,

I saw that ResellerZoom offer a free eNom reselling account with their UK and Failover reselling packages, but I am a bit unsure about how that all works as I've never sold domain names before...

1. It says the account is free, but I know you need to "top-up" your eNom reseller acount to use it. Is there a minimum you have to top up? I presume, because the account is 'free', that I don't need to pay any upfront fee's?

2. When someone registers a domain with myself via my website, the money from that order is paid directly to me and eNom subtract that fee from the top-up balance in the reselller account?

3. When someone registers a domain with myself, where does that person go to administer that domain? I know (think) I can still administer the domain for them via my reseller control panel, but does that customer access eNoms website to administer the domain (such as tranfers/changing nameservers/contact info etc)?

4. What happens if my reseller account was closed after customers have purchased domains through me? Does eNom then take charge of that domain and become the adminitrators of it?

Thanks,
    Daniel.

1) Because the account ResellerZoom is providing is a reseller type so you have to topup at least US$100.00

2) It will deduct from your account balance, if there is not balance, the domain name will not be register/renew

3) Your customer will only have access to manage the domain name's nameservers and contact information only. Transfer and EPP key only you can retrieve from your account.

4) No one can delete your account if there is domain name in your account. You need to get your customer to signup for a eNom account and you push it to them.

Hope this answer your questions.
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

Regarding number 4: is it possible for me to push the domain name to ResellerZoom's account, and thereby they take control of the domain?

If they want full control of their domain name, they need to register for a eNom account or you can request ResellerZoom to create a sub-account for your customer. Well, I am not so sure whether resellerzoom can create but no harm asking them right
    tanfwc

Thanks for the help

Not a problem at all
    tanfwc

No one can delete your account if there is domain name in your account. You need to get your customer to signup for a eNom account and you push it to them.
    Sorry, but this is not true.

The "parent" reseller (namezoom) has complete and total control over all their sub-accounts, including the right to change prices and delete if desired. There is nothing you can do to stop this. They can't do this automatically if there is a domain in the account, but a simple helpdesk ticket request and it will be done. It is part of the reseller agreement when you become an eNom reseller. You own (and are liable for) every sub-account that you create.

If they delete your account, then basically it is "unlinked" from them as a parent reseller. You will no longer be able to login, etc. You will need to then contact eNom and ask them to regain control over your account, and you will probably end up with a normal retail account with pricing of $29.95 or whatever is normal when you go directly and signup with enom.

You should be very very careful with whom you select to be your "parent" reseller. If you are worried about their integrity, then I highly advice you find a parent ETP reseller who you trust.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Would you not say that ResellerZoom are a trusted ETP? I would have though they are considering the size of the company and all the positive reviews on here...

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_grant
    Would you not say that ResellerZoom are a trusted ETP? I would have though they are considering the size of the company and all the positive reviews on here...
    I have no idea if they are trusted or not. That's a decision only you can make.

My point is that you should 100% understand that your parent reseller can delete your account and change your pricing if desired.

On a side note, just because a company is "big" doesn't mean they are trustworthy. We get many hostgator customers who switch over to us because of amazingly poor service, and screwing around with their eNom account. Hostgator is certainly a lot larger then us.... so apparently size doesn't really matter when it comes to trust.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Thanks for the input!

here's one, daniel. http://namezoom.net/

and I wouldn't worry about an established company/etp "deleting" your account. You might be making them some profit by using the account !