* Domain name registered by accident

I didn't, but has anyone out there registered the wrong domain name by accident? A while back, I almost registered avagadro.com on accident (The real name was supposed to be Avogadro - from chemistry class 6.02x10^23). Looks like both are taken now anyway.

Just wanted to hear some horror stories. I am sure there are some good ones out there.

Yeah I registered sdfgdsfsadfsadf.com by accident playing around with a registration interface, heh. Luckily the registrar understood my plea for help and deleted the domain *whew*
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by Chicken
    Yeah I registered sdfgdsfsadfsadf.com . . . . . .
    How do you pronounce that?

I haven't registered any by "accident." But, if you want to talk about ones that were registered, and then you wake up the next morning going, "What was I thinking!!??" Well, then I could probably contribute.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Yeah I registered sdfgdsfsadfsadf.com by accident playing around with a registration interface
    you know i always type in something like sdfsdfsasda just to test a registration service, and one day when i did it i found that the .com was actually registered, so I would say that you may not e the only one out there to have done that.
    thankfully, i have never registered a mispelt name, I check it at least three times before registering it.

A few

especialy in other languages. It comes down to a single letter sometimes, that can change a nice domain to a reall horible one. I'd love to type a lot of examples - but best to let them expire in peace - but here's one:

www.GetLayed.com - It almost means "Helping Hand" in some slang Arabic accents, just change a letter and it means "cute cat" in another. It's almost as funny in English I'm told

No . I've always made conscious decisions regarding domain names. I'm not gonna shell out $8.50 for nothing..hehe
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]

Originally posted by DotComster
    www.GetLayed.com

I was close to making this mistake before. My method of payment was money order and I accidently jotted down the incorrect spelling of the domain name.

Fortunately, before the order was processed, I contacted the company and pre-warned them of this. Everything got sorted out properly... I was glad.

i have done it on the domain i got a while back i was so tired it was like 5 in the morning and i spelt touch like this touch and then i just got in touch with them the next morning and it they cancelled it for me yay.......

Originally posted by Franky
    http://www.sdfsdfsdfsd.net is taken! [ whois ]
    Damn I missed my chance!!

Hehe
    Gary King

Originally posted by JamRover
    ..... I'm not gonna shell out $8.50 for nothing..hehe
    Must not be married with kids.
    Gary

Originally posted by Franky
    http://www.sdfsdfsdfsd.net is taken! [ whois ]

a client registered galaxi-chess.com and galaxi-chess.net and the real name was supposed to be galaxy-chess lol

happened to me 2 days ago.... i guess thats what happens when you let someone on your staff register domains for you.

now i own
    http://www.phpBBhost.com
    AND
    http://www.phpBBBhost.com

just what i needed... an extra B. Sad thing is i talked to him about spelling that domain wrong and corrected him when he was writing them down.

go figure

im always scared im going to mess up when im registering a domain , it hasnt happened yet , but knowning me ... its just a matter of time

Weird domain names, yes. I tend to register Japanese domain names, so a typo here and there does occur, but I always catch them before I hit the button - whew

It's all because of the way people spell. The letter 'u' is often omitted, additional letters here and there... Oh well.