View Poll Results: Do you read WHT to see what others have poste, or just post you want to say yourself?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I check to see if there's already an appropriate thread before I start a new one.

8 47.06%
  • I read every post, but forget what I've read so it doesn't make a difference.

4 23.53%
  • When I have an idea in my head, I can't stop to think about such details.

0 0%
  • Obviously unlike you people, I don't have time to read every message that's posted.

5 29.41%

Wink Do you read WHT, or just post?

[holier_than_thou]
    While looking just now at the current thread topic listing in this forum, I noticed these three threads:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=57667

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=57693

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=57644

So what do they have in common? All three are threads started today, and each of the three duplicates the topic of a thread started yesterday.

I mean I wouldn't expect anyone to read every thread in the forum, or even to search back over days worth of threads to see if what they're posting has already been posted. But is it too much to look back a day or so -- especially when what you're posting about is "yesterday's news" (since each of these were news items yesterday, and inspired a timely post here as they broke in the mainstream news sources).
    [/holier_than_thou]

By the way, no one should misunderstand or take offense because of this, I'm not taking it too seriously; I don't really care; it's not a big deal; etc. It's just something I've been noticing a lot lately: people post, but they don't read.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I, actually, read a lot more than I post. And, reading this thread, I'm having a little hard time trying to figure out the poll. Although it's not a huge accomplishment to confuse me (it's something that comes natural to me).

I understand what you're noticing. But I don't think there's any easy fix. I know, before I start a thread, I do not search and make certain that there is not a duplicate. I think as this forum has become busier, an increase in threads containg the same or similar content may be expected. I'm sure that if a mod were notified that threads of the same subject matter were in play at the same time, they would either combine them or delete the newer one(s).
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

seems like you are asking 2 things:

I look for titles that interest me and I skim over the posts.
    Then depending on a few factors, I usually end up reading about half of the interesting ones...

I almost always do a search before I post (a question). Obviously if I don't find what I want, I'll go ahead and ask...

I CRAVE INFORMATION. I read EVERY SINGLE new thread on this forum each day, and take mental notes. When I get bored, and there is no new information to consume, I will begin to post
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Originally posted by vigor
    . . . . . . . When I get bored, and there is no new information to consume, I will begin to post
    It would appear you have been bored about 361 times so far since March.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I do both. Depends if there's a question I want to answer.

Read more; Post Less, but when I post it counts?