Limited Liability Boiler Plate

I am starting to do remote backup for local offices, which protect them in case of stolen equipment, accidental data loss, burned down buildings, etc. I was curious as to where I could get a boiler plate contract/waiver type document where they would sign it saying that I am not responsible for lost data etc. I am not saying I wouldn't provide them excellent service, but I do want a certain level of cushion for myself - IE I don't want to get blamed if for whatever reason transitioning or recovery of all of their data isn't possible etc. I don't want to get stuck in a bad situation. What would I need for this? Thanks.

First off do you run this service as a sole trader or a registered company?

Even a legal document can be disputed as to is rellavence and fairness in a court of law. Someone could fairly argue that although they signed that contract they find it crazy to be paying for a backup service that doesnt even do its job (what its meant to do!!). A judge could easily sympathise with them = big payout!

What you shouldnt do is run this kind of business as a sole trader. You have unlimted liablilities = all ur personal assets are a free for all if u screw up!

As a company you need to get indemnity insurance. This means your company is protected (u personaly are protected by the companies limited liabilities). If u screw up the insurcance company forks out for it. This means your company wont be killed by one simple mistake.

Hope this was helpful

Cheers

Yea definitely, thanks. Its pointing me down the right road. I kinda figured someone would say that, especially since I've heard of so many cases where contracts mean jack in court.

Rather late, but get a lawyer instead of a "boilerplate" contract. Someone who is
    intimately familiar with your jurisdiction's laws and how disputes are handled has
    a realistic chance of drafting some for you.