Recommendations Please

Hi,

I am currently in need of a webhost which has good peering and low latency from US to Singapore. If I didn't remember wrongly, the nearest US datacentre (in terms of distance) to Singapore are the DCs in California. However, I have no idea how the route goes.

Anyway, I am expecting ping replies from the webhosting server to hit below 200ms and accelerated server uploading speed (for file downloads) from US to Singapore and vice versa. Currently, I have not set a budget on it and I am open to recommendations, advices and suggestions.

It would be best if a test IP or a test download link can be provided to me.

I thank you for your time on reading this thread. Please feel free to PM me with regards to this topic as well.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Hi,

I would recommend checking with the host's speedtest and datacenter info before signing up to accommodate your location. Send them a sales email over for server to ping from as well, as many hosts do have servers in multiple locations you also might want to be specifically placed in a certain location.

Do your research and look for reviews before signing up.

best of luck
    Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks • All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates • 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Smile

You are looking for a host based in US or based in Singapore with latency below 200ms?

I need a webhost based on US, with target audience = Singapore. I hope I answered your question.

Smile

If speed & latency is your main concern, why not find a singapore web host instead if most people from singapore? I am sure there are singapore providers here.

check out http://hostingspeeds.com they will give you hosts in the USA and you can test the speed off of the hosts website.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA
    If speed & latency is your main concern, why not find a singapore web host instead if most people from singapore? I am sure there are singapore providers here.
    I am already with a Singapore provider, however, I am looking for an alternative as well. Hopefully someone would lend a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRack
    check out http://hostingspeeds.com they will give you hosts in the USA and you can test the speed off of the hosts website.
    Thanks for the tips. Will check it out. Please keep suggestions coming.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRock
    Hi,

I am currently in need of a webhost which has good peering and low latency from US to Singapore. If I didn't remember wrongly, the nearest US datacentre (in terms of distance) to Singapore are the DCs in California. However, I have no idea how the route goes.

Anyway, I am expecting ping replies from the webhosting server to hit below 200ms and accelerated server uploading speed (for file downloads) from US to Singapore and vice versa. Currently, I have not set a budget on it and I am open to recommendations, advices and suggestions.

It would be best if a test IP or a test download link can be provided to me.

I thank you for your time on reading this thread. Please feel free to PM me with regards to this topic as well.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Most providers have 30 day money back. You can always have a look at their datacenter info/network map and give them a try. They should have no problems giving you a refund if you’re within the 30-days.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib
    Most providers have 30 day money back. You can always have a look at their datacenter info/network map and give them a try. They should have no problems giving you a refund if you’re within the 30-days.
    Yes I understand on that point. But the matter is, asking for a refund or this and that would waste precious time. So I seek help here to minimise the problems that I might face if I go around signing up every company and then requesting the refund after that?

Hi,

You could give icdsoft.com a look, as they have servers in a HK datacentre (iAdvantage). I'm in a similar situation, and this one seems to fit my requirements, and I think they allow a switch to the US data centre if requested.

cheers.

California based low-cost datacenter: Managed.com

Hope this helps
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Simpli in CA, and my ping result from Vietnam to my server at Simpli is around 210ms, before the earth quake. The only disadvantage is they dont have staff on site at night-time, but the network is good

Cool! Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have a look now. Please keep them coming.

thanks in advance.